Wintergreen – Gaultheria procumbens
Wintergreen has a strong mint candy flavour
Blends Well With
Wintergreen blends well with Ylang Ylang, Peppermint, Marjoram Sweet, Lavender, Birch and Vanilla.
Wintergreen is a traditional native North American remedy, used for aches and pains and to increase endurance and respiratory capacity. Wintergreen is used as a pain reliever as it contains 85-99% of methyl salicylate, the same component as in aspirin. It is also believed to increase the speed of healing for skin disorders.
Wintergreen is useful for arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, carpal tunnel, fibromyalgia, headache, haematoma, joint stiffness, lumbago, migraine, muscles (sore or inflamed), neuritis, rheumatism, tendonitis, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, sciatica, sprain and toothaches
In a diffuser, it improves awareness and concentration. Wintergreen increase the body’s sensitivity to deep vibrations, enhancing sound on all levels
Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil for pain relief and as a muscle rub. In a cream or lotion, it can be used to moisturize and nourish the skin and to promote healing.
Wintergreen improves awareness and concentration. It increase the body’s sensitivity to deep vibrations, enhancing sound on all levels. The odour alone is said to do this.
It was used traditionally during spiritual ceremonies where sound was used (meditations, chants, etc.). This increase in vibration increases spiritual awareness and leads to introspection. This is particularly helpful to those who predominantly use the left side of the brain (which runs the logical functions), and need to further their intuitive right brain functions
- Avoid use on or near children younger than 12 years old.
- Avoid if pregnant.
- Avoid if suffering from epilepsy.
- Avoid if suffering from GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Avoid if using blood thinning medication such as Warfarin.
- Avoid if suffering chronic kidney or liver conditions
- Avoid if using or allergic to aspirin or suffering from digestive disorders such as ulcers, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) or diverticulitis.
- Do not apply for more than 3 continuous days per month
85-99% of methyl salicylate,
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.