Buddha Wood – Eremophila mitchellii
Bark and heartwood
False Sandalwood; Desert Rosewood
Woody, balsamic, slightly smokey aroma.
Blends Well With
Cedarwood, Peru Balsam, Lavender, Vetiver, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang.
One of many plants utilised by Aboriginal groups, Buddha Wood plants could often be found amongst the few possessions carried by nomadic groups in case of injury. It was recognised for its strong antibacterial and analgesic properties.
Buddha Wood essential oil has natural sedative properties and its anti-anxiety actions making it a good choice to diffuse in the home and office. It also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic actions and can also help relieve pain and inflammation in the joints and may be a useful natural remedy for people with rheumatism or arthritis.
Used in a steam-based diffuser throughout the night should help you get to sleep more easily and improve your quality of sleep. Diffusing buddha wood essential oil at home can also help eliminate nasty odors from cooking, smoking and pets.
Eremophilone, a main active ingredient in Buddha Wood oil is recognised as effective against termites and a strong repellent of a range of insects including harmful mosquitoes, ticks, fleas, flies and ants. Compared with many commercial insecticides, buddha wood essential oil has extremely low toxicity. Dilute to 3% or less in a carrier oil for oily skin, open pores and acne. It is particularly useful for anyone with a sensitive skin.
- Undiluted – dilute to 3% or less in a suitable carrier oil before use
- Diluted – in a 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oils.
Buddha wood essential oil was commonly used in Aboriginal coming of age ceremonies, reaching out to ancestors or to say goodbye to deceased loved ones. It can help sedate a racing mind and relax your body at night. Buddha wood oil is said to be beneficial for generally promoting relaxation and reducing stress levels. It can also enrich meditation practice and encourage emotional grounding when inhaled. Encourages “staying in the moment.”
Avoid use during pregnancy and on young children and babies; Causes mild skin irritation. Causes eye irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. May be harmful if swallowed and enters airways. Very toxic to aquatic organisms, may cause long term adverse effects in the aquatic environment. May also have an impact on microorganisms and their activity.
Eremophilone, 2-Hydroxyeremophilone, 2-Hydroxy and 2-Dihydroeremophilone
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.
There are no reviews yet.