Cedarwood – Juniperus virginiana
Traditionally used as an antiseptic, skin conditioner, deodorant and soothing agent. Cedarwood is used in incense & room sprays where it is found to be good for stressful situations as it soothes and harmonises the mind. It is also valuable for meditation as it encourages the mind to concentrate and exclude extraneous sounds. Cedarwood produces an astringent oil which is useful for greasy skin, dandruff, greasy hair and caring for blemished or oily skin. It helps to combat cellulite and is handy for cystitis. It is most useful for respiratory complaints such as bronchitis, coughs and catarrh. Cedarwood repels insects, rats and mice. It also has the reputation for improving hair growth
Use in a vaporizer where it is found to be good for stressful situations as it soothes and harmonises. Used in a water based diffuser it is most useful for respiratory complaints such as bronchitis, coughs and catarrh. Dilute to 1% or less as an astringent oil useful for greasy skin, dandruff, greasy hair and caring for blemished or oily skin.
Mild sweet-balsamic tone, woody
Healing, Purification, Protection, Money
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Clary Sage, Jasmine, Frankincense, Juniper, Neroli, Petitgrain, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Ylang-Ylang
Steam distillation of sawdust and stumps of the tree
Cedarwood promotes confidence, strength, and is valuable for meditation as it encourages the mind to concentrate and exclude extraneous sounds. Helpful to improve focus in children with ADHD. Good for grounding and relaxation and improves one’s personal sense of security. It improves focus and the development of true wisdom
This oil should not be used during pregnancy. Do not use with high blood pressure or heart problems. May irritate sensitive skin.
Never to be taken internally.
α-Cedrene; Thujopsene; Cedrol; ß-Cedrene; α-Selinene; ß-Himachalene; ß-Chamigrene; α-Chamigrene; Widdrol; Cuparene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.