Clary Sage – Salvia sclarea
Middle to top
Flowers and surrounding bracts
Common Clary, Clear-Eye, See-Bright
Earthy, fruity and floral aroma that is both nutty and herbaceous
True seeing, Divination,
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Cedarwood, Roman and German Chamomile, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang
Clary Sage is a euphoric and a muscle relaxant, easing straining or tense muscles so it can be useful in treating addictions. It is sovereign in dealing with stress and in maintaining perspective on life. It can help with nervous disorders such as anxiety and insomnia.
It is a good massage for women as it contains a hormone-like compound similar to oestrogen. It can help to regulate blood flow and soothe menstrual cramps. Clary Sage can calm the irritability and night sweats associated with menopause. The oil also has aphrodisiac properties and can help to restore libido and deal with the psychological problems associated with its loss.
Clary Sage can help to strengthen the gums and hair follicles. It is good for oily skin and hair. It is also useful for wounds.
It can be useful for digestive disorders and prevents a build-up of gas in the digestive tract. It can encourage the production of gastric juices to make the digestive function more efficient.
In a vaporizer it can help with nervous disorders and maintaining perspective on life.
Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil it can be used as an ingredient in skin care preparations and has antiseptic properties so it can help skin which is prone to breakouts.
Clary Sage gives the gift of clear sight and the ability to differentiate between real and imagined. It lifts the spirit and aids in retaining a sensible perspective on emotionally difficult or painful situations. Inhaling the oil can lift the mood. Regular use can boost the user’s confidence.
Avoid use with alcohol or during pregnancy. Chloral hydrate and Hexobarbitone cause sleepiness and drowsiness. Clary Sage may increase their effects.
Linalyl Acetate, Linalool, Germacrene D, ß-Caryophyllene, Sclareol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy. Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products. Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.