Citronella – Cymbopogon winterianus
Citronella has a fresh, warm, woody-sweet fragrance. A lemon citrus scent, though it is much softer than actual Lemon
Concentrates the mind, raising energy, banishing darkness, luck
Blends Well With
Citronella blends well with most oils, but specifically well with Bergamot, Bitter Orange, Cedarwood, Geranium, Lemon, Orange, Lavender and Pine.
Citronella is excellent for treating fungal infections, oily skin and acne as well as being an antibacterial and antiseptic for cuts, burns and sores. It is an excellent antibacterial for the kidneys, bladder, urinary tract, prostate and colon.
Citronella increases sweating and promotes removal of toxins and excess water, fat and salts through the skin, reducing fever.
It is sovereign against headaches, neuralgia and migraine as well as for rheumatism, arthritis and back pains. It’s refreshing scent boosts energy, stimulates blood circulation and secretions of hormones and enzymes from the glands, brain and the nervous system.
It also acts as a skin conditioner and natural deodorizer particularly for sweaty feet!
Good to use in a diffuser, it is an excellent antibacterial for the kidneys, bladder, urinary tract, prostate and colon.
Used in a water-based diffuser it is good for headaches, neuralgia and migraine as well as for rheumatism, arthritis and back pains.
Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil it is an excellent Insect repellent. It is particularly effective on a species of mosquito, called Aedes Aegypti whose bite causes Yellow Fever
A light, fresh and uplifting oil useful in fighting depression, anxiety, sadness & negative feelings while promoting feelings of happiness and hope. It refreshes a weary mind and lifts the spirit. It banishes heavy and dark thoughts, darkness of the mind and negative energies. Encourages self-expression and creativity (great for writers & actors!) and brings clarity to the mind.
May irritate sensitive skin. Citronella raises the heart rate. Avoid if suffering from panic attacks or cardio-vascular problems.
Citronellal, Geraniol (-)-Citronellol, (+)-Limonene, (E)-Methyl isoeugenol, Camphene, Citronellyl acetate, Borneol, Elemol, a-Pinene, Geranyl formate, ß-Cubebene, Geranyl acetate, ß-Caryophyllene, a-Bergamotene, (Z)-ß-Ocimene, Isopulegol, Guaiene (E)-ß-Ocimene Methyleugenol, d-Cadinene, Linalool, Tricyclene, Geranyl butyrate, a-Cadinene, (Z)-Methyl isoeugenol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind. Always consult with your primary care physician or naturopathic doctor before making any significant changes to your health and wellness routine