Birch – Betula alba
Bark and wood
White Birch, Silver Birch, Lady of the Woods
Minty and woody with a soft floral under-note
Blends Well With
Benzoin, Sandalwood, Rosemary, and Jasmine Oils
Birch Oil stimulates the nervous, circulatory, digestive, and excretory systems. It also stimulates the endocrine glands that result in more secretions of enzymes and essential hormones, so helpful with diabetes. It helps reduce body temperature during fever by promoting perspiration. Birch oil is helpful in reducing pain in the joints and muscles, as well as pain associated with headaches and toothaches. The oil is loaded with analgesics, antimicrobial, astringent and antiseptic components which are highly beneficial for your teeth and gums. It aids in lessening pain by causing numbness on the painful area and uplifts the nerves and muscles. Birch oil is used for relieving severe pain, preventing the joints from swelling in cases of dislocation of joints or fractures It is also antispasmodic and relieves cramping throughout the body. It stimulates the circulatory system and is very helpful with oedema (swelling), rheumatism, and arthritis. Good as a skin toner. Regular external application (in low dosages or as part of a blended recipe) effectively reduces wrinkles and sagging of the skin and muscles.
Birch oil helps to remove toxins through increased urination and perspiration (being diuretic and stimulant in nature). An excellent germicide and insecticide. Good for eczema, ringworm, and other skin diseases and infections.
Dilute to 2% or less before skin application. Massage the affected parts with a blend of Birch oil, Ginger oil and Tea tree oil diluted in coconut oil to help in reducing pain, inflammation, redness and promote proper blood circulation that helps in treating rheumatic and arthritic conditions.
Diffuse a few drops in a water-based diffuser to help with respiratory problems, headache, toothache, spasms and cramps.
Used as a tonic, it gives feelings of strength, warmth, and vitality. It is ideal for use in extremely cold climates.
Use in moderation. Avoid use on open wounds, apply well diluted to the area around the wound. Avoid use with children under the age of 12 years. NEVER INGEST. Avoid use near eyes and mucous membranes.
Methyl Salicylate, Ethyl-Salicylate, Linalyl Acetate. Salicylic acid, Betulene, Betulenol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.