Black Cumin Seed – Nigella sativa
Black Caraway, Charnuska, Cheveux de Venus, Fitch, Graine Noire, Kalajaji, Kalajira, Kalonji, La Grainer Noire, Love in a Mist, Habbat-ul Barakah, Blessed Seed oil
Slightly nutty, bitter, pungent odour with warm, spicy pepper notes.
Blends Well With
Not strongly aromatic so citrus and herbaceous oils
Historically, Black Cumin Seed is used for treating digestive tract conditions including gas, colic, diarrhoea, dysentery, constipation, and haemorrhoids. It is also used for respiratory conditions including asthma, allergies, cough, bronchitis, emphysema and flu. Other uses include lowering blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels and boosting the immune system. It has been used for birth control, to start menstruation, and to increase milk flow. It aids in prevention of endocrine disorders, immune deficiency and cardiovascular disease. It is also recognised for its ability to help with auto-immune diseases which include Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Coeliac disease and Crohn’s disease. It has been found to inhibit tumour growth, increase the growth of healthy bone marrow cells, encourage the production of natural interferon and help to protect the body against damage from chemotherapy.
Use a few drops in the bath for colic, diarrhoea, constipation and haemorrhoids.
Blend in a 2%-3% dilution with jojoba carrier oil to create a massage oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Coeliac disease and Crohn’s disease.
Use in a diffuser to start menstruation, and to increase milk flow.
A grounding, earthy oil which re-balances emotions
GRAS (generally regarded as safe)
Crystalline Nigellone, β-Sitosterol, Thymoquinone, Myristic acid, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid, Palmitoleic acid, Oleic acid, Linoleic acid, Arachidonic acid, proteins and vitamins B1, B2 and B3, Calcium, Folic acid, Iron, Copper, Zinc and Phosphorous
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.