Black Pepper – Piper nigrum
The whole or crushed fruits
Black Pepper, Piper
Fresh, dry, woody, warm, spicy scent.
Protection, Banishing, Exorcism
Blends Well With
Patchouli, Bergamot, Lemon grass
Black Pepper has been used for over 4000 years in folk medicine. Traditionally used as an aphrodisiac, it is an antiseptic penetrating, warming oil during the winter season. It warms the bones! Used pre-sports for easing muscles and for athletic massage as it is stimulating and toning – excellent as a “warm-up” oil.
Black Pepper aids in digestion of protein and is said to banish excess fat! It will correct flatulence and nausea.
It is sometimes added to quinine when the system will not deal with or respond to quinine on its own. Black Pepper has also been used in cases of diarrhoea, cholera and scarletina. Stimulates the circulation and is helpful with bruises.
Use Black Pepper in a vaporizer to aid in digestion of protein.
Used in a steam-based diffuser it has also been successful in addressing vertigo, paralytic and arthritic conditions. Its action as a stimulant is especially noticeable in the rectal area so it is good for constipation
A couple of drops of Black Pepper oil in an oil burner is dynamic and invigorating.
Dilute to 1% or less in a carrier oil for a wash for scalp ringworm.
Banishes gloom and negativity enhancing mood and energising any work
Black Pepper is very penetrating, it may cause skin sensitivity if oxidized. Using too much could over-stimulate the kidneys. Use should be avoided completely in pregnancy.
ß-Caryophyllene, Limonene, a-Pinene, δ-3-Carene, ß-Pinene, Sabinene, ß-Bisabolene a-Copaene, (E)-ß-Farnesene, a-Cubebene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.