Bergamot – Citrus bergamia (Furocoumarins Free, Bergapten Free)
Originally SE Asia, now Ivory Coast, Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria
The peels of the unripe fruits
Oswego Tea, Bee Balm, Orange Mint
fresh, citrus and slightly spicy aroma
Purification and prosperity
Blends Well With
Rosemary, Thyme, Lavender
Cold pressing, followed by rectification to produce an oil free from furocoumarins. The best quality oil is produced by hand pressing.
Bergamot is familiar as the flavouring in Earl Grey tea. It is anti-bacterial, deodorising, refreshing, and soothing which makes it excellent for body skincare preparations to ensure healthy and vital skin.
Bergamot Essential Oil has a fresh, citrus and slightly spicy aroma and is powerfully refreshing and invigorating.
Bergamot can be useful as an antiseptic for the urinary tract and in cases of cystitis. It has an inhibiting effect on certain viruses, in particular Herpes simplex-1 which causes cold sores. It can also reduce the pain of shingles and ease chicken pox in small children.
Use Bergamot in a vaporizer to disperse unpleasant odours and cigarette smoke.
Used in a steam-based diffuser, it has an inhibiting effect on certain viruses, in particular Herpes simplex-1 which causes cold sores.
A couple of drops of Bergamot oil in an oil burner is refreshing and invigorating.
Dilute to 1% or less in a carrier oil for body skincare preparations to ensure healthy and vital skin and as a massage for PMT.
Banishes gloom and negativity enhancing mood and energising any work
While a lower risk than for 100% Bergamot Essential Oil, care should be taken as it can increase photo-sensitivity.
(+)-Limonene, Linalyl acetate, Linalool, y-Terpinene, ß-Pinene, α-Pinene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.