Roman Chamomile – Anthemis nobilis
Maythen, Manzanilla, Ground Apple
Sweet, fresh, fruity herbaceous scent, spicy, sometimes described as like apples and straw
Chamomile has a reputation for attracting good fortune, especially where money is concerned.
Blends Well With
Geranium, Lavender, Neroli, Clary Sage, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Rosewood
Roman Chamomile has proved useful in dealing with abscesses, boils, colic, cuts, cystitis, dermatitis, earache, flatulence, hair, headache, inflamed skin, insect bites, insomnia, neuralgia, PMS, sores, stress, wounds. It has a noticeable anti-inflammatory effect that soothes sprains and swellings when used with a cold compress. Aching muscles and joints benefit from massage, baths and compresses using this essential oil and it has an antispasmodic effect that is highly effective for soothing abdominal or period cramps as well as nausea. Roman Chamomile offers relief to sufferers of respiratory ailments such as hay fever, allergic rhinitis, asthma and dust allergies.
Inhaled from a tissue or the bottle it soothes airways and nasal passages for sufferers from asthma, hay fever, allergic rhinitis and dust mite allergies. Used in a vaporizer it quietens noisy children, angry partners and your frazzled nerves. Used in a water-based diffuser it is most useful for soothing abdominal or period cramps as well as nausea. Dilute to 1% or less in a carrier oil to soothe sprains and swellings, aching muscles and joints
Dilute to 3% in a suitable carrier oil before skin application
Ready to Use is a 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oil. On request 3% dilution in Sweet Almond (Prunus amygdalus var. dulcis) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oil
It is a powerfully soothing and calming oil which imparts this quality to both physical and emotional conditions alike.
No known toxicity. However, Chamomiles should be avoided during pregnancy. Use well diluted. High doses may trigger skin reactions in sensitive individuals.
Isobutyl angelate, Butyl angelate, 3-Methylpentyl angelate, Isobutyl butyrate, Isoamyl angelate, 2-Methyl-2-propenol angelate, 3-Methylpentyl isobutyrate 2-Methyl-2-propyl angelate, Camphene, Borneol, a-Pinene, a-Terpinene, Chamazulene, (E)-Pinocarveol, a-Thujene Hexyl butyrate, Terpinolene, Isobutyl isobutyrate, Anthemol, y-Terpinene, Isoamyl isobutyrate d-3-Carene, Isoamyl 2-methylbutyrate, 2-Methylbutyl 2-methylbutyrate, Isoamyl butyrate, Pinocarvone, ß-Myrcene, p-Cymene, ß-Pinene, Isoamyl methacrylate, Propyl angelate, ß-Phellandrene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.