German Chamomile – Matricaria chamomilia/M. recutita
Maythen, Manzanilla, Earth Apple
Sweet, fresh, fruity herbaceous scent, spicy, sometimes described as like apples and straw
Chamomile has a reputation for attracting good fortune, especially where money is concerned.
Blends Well With
Geranium, Lavender, Neroli, Clary Sage, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Rosewood,
This essential oil can be used with great effect on children when they feel irritable, impatient, teething or colicky. Women find it great to relieve PMS. In general, it is good for abdominal pain, gall bladder problems, as well as for throat infections and to relieve allergies, hay fever. It has a noticeable effect on Inflammation of the skin (including acne, eczema, psoriasis), mucous membranes and ano-genital area, bacterial skin diseases including those of the mouth and gums, and respiratory tract inflammation such as hay fever, allergic rhinitis, asthma and dust allergies, bringing soothing comfort to irritated and inflamed nasal passages and airways (inhaled).
It has proved useful in dealing with abscesses, boils, colic, cuts, cystitis, dermatitis, earache, flatulence, hair, headache, inflamed skin, insect bites, insomnia, neuralgia, PMS, sores, stress, wounds. It has an antispasmodic effect that is highly effective for soothing abdominal or period cramps as well as nausea.
- Inhaled from a tissue or the bottle it soothes airways and nasal passages for sufferers from asthma, hay fever, allergic rhinitis and dust mite allergies
- Used in a vaporizer it is the perfect oil to quieten noisy children, angry partners and your frazzled nerves.
- Used in a water-based diffuser it is most useful for soothing abdominal or period cramps as well as nausea.
- Dilute to 1% or less in a carrier oil to soothe sprains and swellings, aching muscles and joints
It is a powerfully soothing and calming oil which imparts this quality to both physical and emotional conditions alike.
No known toxicity. Use well diluted. High doses may trigger skin reactions in sensitive individuals. However, Chamomiles should be avoided during pregnancy.
α–Bisabolol oxide A and B, α–Bisabolone oxide, (E)-ß-Farnesene, Chamazulene (gives the oil a blue color), (Z) & (E)-Spiroethers, α–Bisabolol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/cannabis-index.html
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.
- Always consult with your primary care physician or naturopathic doctor before making any significant changes to your health and wellness routine