Tea Tree 100% Essential Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Tea Tree essential oil has a fresh, antiseptic and medicinal scent. It also has characteristic mint and spice notes.
Blends Well With
Cinnamon, Clary sage, Clove, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Rosewood, Rosemary and Thyme.
Australian Aborigines have used Tea Tree Essential Oil in medical treatment for thousands of years. Tea Tree’s antiseptic qualities as well as its effectiveness against bacteria mean that Tea Tree is often used in hospitals in the fight against bacteria and viruses. Tea tree oil acts as an immuno-stimulant and increases the body’s ability to fight off any infections. Tea tree oil can be used as a mouthwash for gum infections, mouth ulcers, throat infections and tonsillitis, while garlic eaters believe that it reduces the smell of garlic on the breath. A true all-rounder and a must for every household!
In a diffuser, Tea Tree oil helps with colds, sinusitis, bronchitis and any other respiratory ailment and is also of use to help the mind cope after shock. As a blended massage oil or a lotion it helps with respiratory issues as well as arthritis, dermatitis and sinusitis. When it is blended into a cream or lotion and applied to the skin, it will help with any fungal, bacterial as well as viral infections – and can therefore be used for a variety of problems – ranging from boils, abscesses, acne, bed sores, diaper rash etc. Diluted to 2% or less in a carrier oil or diluted in the bath, tea tree oil helps with all respiratory ailments, as well as arthritis, dermatitis, skin infections, scalp disorders, sinusitis, viral infections, nettle rash, bronchitis, athlete’s foot and nail infections (paronychia) as well as vaginal thrush and cradle cap.
Revives the mind and body after shock. Tea Tree eases mental stress and purifies the mind and body of emotional wounds. Once healed, the body can then change the behavioural patterns that led to the wounding to begin with. Helpful for a victim or “poor me” mind-set and for feelings of guilt and shame. Of all which, can be released with the assistance of Tea Tree.
Tea Tree essential oil may cause dermal sensitization in some people. Do not take internally.
Terpinene-4-ol, y-Terpinene α-Terpinene, Terpinolene, 1,8-Cineol, α-Terpineol, p-Cymene, α-Pinene, (+)-Aromadendrene, δ-Cadinene, (+)-Limonene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.