Costmary – Tanacetum balsamita syn: Chrysanthemum balsamita
sweet minty fragrance, much like that of Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum
Alecost. Ale-spice, Sweet tongue, Mace, Balsamita, Balsam Herb and Herbe Sainte-Marie (French)
Leaves and flowers
Resists poisons and the biting of venomous beasts.
Blends Well With
Peppermint, Basil, Fennel, Dill
Costmary Essential Oil has a sweet minty fragrance, much like that of Wrigley’s Spearmint Gum. Costmary Essential oil is very useful in relieving the pain of childbirth and in particular of passing the placenta. Costmary has been used to bring on delayed menstrual periods
Costmary oil is used most often in cooking, but it is also used for healing conditions such as intestinal worms, colds, fever, flu, diarrhoea and dysentery. It has a valuable role in the treatment of digestive gas, rheumatism and swelling from bee stings. The oil is also used in making an ointment to heal sores and ulcers. The refreshing and clean fragrance of the oil also removes mental tiredness and calms negative emotions like hysteria, hatred, anger and fear.
In a vaporizer it can help with bringing on delayed menstrual periods, relieving the pain of childbirth and in particular of passing the placenta
Diluted to 3% or less in a carrier oil if used in the treatment of digestive gas, rheumatism and swelling from bee stings.
The refreshing and clean fragrance of the oil clears away mental tiredness. The smell of the oil also calms some unwanted emotions like hatred, anger and fear
Costmary has been used to bring on delayed menstrual periods so should be avoided during pregnancy. Avoid if suffering from kidney and liver infections Avoid if suffering from cancer.
L-Carvone, ß-Cubebene, (+)-Limonene, a-Thujone, ß-Thujone, t-Dihydrocarvone, c-Dihydrocarvone, Dihydrocarveol isomer c-Carveol and t-Carveol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.