Cumin Seed – Cuminum cyminum
Jaljari, Cumin Seed, Cummin, Roman Caraway
Distinct and unique with an overpowering odour, somewhat lingering and best used sparingly
Cumin keeps chickens and lovers from wandering, love potions, and aphrodisiac baths
Blends Well With
Chamomile, Angelica, Caraway and Coriander – use VERY sparingly
Cumin Seed Essential Oil is a warming oil which gives relief from muscular pain. It is often considered best for treatment of headache and provides effective results when used for nervous, digestive and muscular problems. Lowers blood pressure. It is effective in the treatment of hoarseness and diarrhoea. It is also useful in relieving colic and flatulence. It is also used in medicines and cosmetics for the purpose of lightening skin tone. Used for calming, relieving pain and supporting sleep. It is a digestive stimulant. It improves digestion, and relieves flatulence. It is helpful with the circulatory system, warming and improving circulation and helps in the battle against cellulite. It is helpful in reducing stress, lifting moods and reviving tired minds. It helps relieve chronic fatigue and aids in meditation.
Cumin seed oil is used as an ingredient in various food products. It is antioxidant, hypoglycaemic, antiepileptic, antiosteoporotic, ophthalmic, antibacterial, and has larvicidal effects. It has shown significant anticancer effects on stomach cancer cells.
In a vaporizer it can help with reducing blood pressure, headache and provides effective results when used for nervous, digestive and muscular problems. It helps in reducing stress, lifting moods and reviving tired minds
Diluted to 2% or less in a carrier oil it is used in the treatment of muscular pain
Reduces stress, lifting moods and reviving tired minds. It helps relieve chronic fatigue and aids in meditation. Cumin clears emotional and mental damage caused from abusive attacks
The oil may have photosensitizing effects. Cumin may also affect and/or cause hypoglycemia.
Cuminaldehyde, y-Terpinene, ß-Pinene, p-Cymene, Þ-Mentha-1,3-dien-7-al, Þ-Mentha-1,4-dien-7-al, ß-Myrcene, +a-Phellandrene, Þ-Mentha-3-en-7-al, Cuminyl alcohol, a-Pinene, Isocaryophellene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.