Cypress – Cupressus sempervirens
Middle to Top
Young twigs, stems and needles
Mediterranean Cypress, Italian Cypress
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Clary Sage, Lavender, Juniper, Pine, Marjoram, Sandalwood, Rosemary, Frankincense and all the citrus oils
spicy and masculine fragrance
Sacred to Pluto, Roman God of the Underworld. In the Greek world he was referred to as Hades, the God of Death (transformation, change, fear of unknown)
Cypress essential oil can strengthen gums and tighten muscles throughout the body. Good for wounds – it is a common ingredient in antiseptic lotions and creams. Cypress Oil is helpful in relieving spasms in the respiratory system, intestines and muscular spasms in the limbs. It also helps to cure convulsions, muscle pulls, cramps and spasmodic cholera. Cypress Oil increases urination, both in frequency and in quantity, increasing weight loss. Good for coughs and phlegm, clearing congestion. Can improve acne and other skin diseases through increased perspiration. It protects the liver, regulating the proper discharge of bile. Useful for varicose veins, cellulite, asthma, bronchitis, and diarrhoea. Good vasoconstrictor on varicose veins and haemorrhoids
It is useful in a diffuser for all breathing difficulties, such as asthma, emphysema, whooping cough and bronchitis. Diluted to 2% or less it can be used as a massage oil a few drops in the bath for arthritis, asthma, cellulite, cramps, diarrhea, sweaty feet, rheumatism, varicose veins, heavy menstruation and menopause. In a cream base, cypress oil can be used for varicose and broken veins, as well as clearing an oily and congested skin. Used diluted on a cold compress, it is very effective for a nosebleed.
Warming and comforting, it induces a calming, relaxing and sedative effect on both the mind and body by relieving nervous stress and anxiety. It also stimulates a happy feeling in case of anger or sadness. This property can be helpful to pacify people who have suffered a serious shock, trauma, or major setback in life. It is also spiritually grounding and helps in acceptance of change by going with the flow and feeling more secure.
(GRAS) Generally regarded as safe but should be avoided during pregnancy
α-Pinene, d-3-Carene, Cedrol, α-Terpinyl acetate, Terpinolene, (+)-Limonene ß-Pinene, Sabinene, ß-Myrcene, d-Cadinene, Terpinen-4-yl-acetate, α-Terpineol, Sandaracopimaradiene, p-Cymene y-Terpinene, Terpinen-4-ol, Borneol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.
- Always consult with your primary care physician or naturopathic doctor before making any significant changes to your health and wellness routine