Dill Seed – Anethum graveolens
Dill, Dill Weed, Dill Seed
Dill Seed has a fresh, herbaceous scent that is gentle, warm, and spicy
Keeps the devil at bay, at the same time has a reputation as an ingredient in witches brews. Dedicated to Mary.
Blends Well With
Dill Seed works well with other spice oils, Elemi, Mint, and Caraway
Dill has a relaxing effect on nerves, muscles, intestines and the respiratory system and pacifies spasmodic attacks, providing quick relief. The oil is extensively used in dealing with digestive problems. It keeps the stomach in proper shape, regulates the secretion of digestive juices and bile into it, keeps it safe from infections and also helps the healing process of ulcers or wounds. It helps ease constipation and cures colic.
Dill oil brings about sweating, thereby creating a feeling of lightness. This also helps to remove excess water, salt and toxic substances from the body, the lowering of blood pressure, a reduction of swelling and the protection of the skin’s overall health. It increases the formation of milk in the breasts. It also improves the quality of the milk.
In a vaporizer it can help with overcoming the feeling of being overwhelmed. Eases the mind and calms headaches. It has sedative and calming effects on the nerves and the brain, for a relaxed and satisfied feeling. It is useful for getting rid of anxiety, tension, anger, depression and even hypertension. It also helps you to have a good night’s sleep at the end of the day.
Diluted to 3% or less in a carrier oil it is used in the protection of the skin’s overall health
Dill oil has been known to help to overcome the feeling of being overwhelmed. Eases the mind and calms headaches. Sedative and calming effects on the nerves and the brain, making a person feel relaxed and satisfied. It is useful for getting rid of anxiety, tension, anger, depression and even hypertension. It also helps you to have a good night’s sleep at the end of the day.
GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe), Dill Seed is non-toxic and non-irritating. Nonetheless, it should be avoided during pregnancy.
40 to 60% of ∂-Carvone (23.1%) with ∂-Limonene (45%). It also consists of α-Phellandrene, Eugenol, Anethole, flavonoids, coumarins, triterpenes, phenolic acids and umbelliferones
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.