CAUTION Hazardous Oil – Rue – Ruta graveolens
Curing of insect and snake bites
Sharply herbaceous, distinctly fruity orange-like scent, with a characteristic bitter acrid back note that makes the overall impression an unpleasant one.
Blends Well With
Bay, Benzoin, Chamomile, Fennel, Frankincense, Myrrh, Thyme, Pennyroyal and Wormwood.
Rue is a homeopathic remedy used for centuries as a medical preparation and may be helpful for compression wounds, contusions, physical overexertion, varicose veins, hemorrhoids, strengthens the capillary veins, dental problems – deep aching – ‘dry socket’, feet and ankles painful, aching heels, and for painful stiffness in wrists and hands.
Rue Infused Oil is a natural healing self-administered home treatment, based on Rue plant (Ruta graveolens, Common Rue) successfully used for skin care, itching skin, varicose veins, anal fissure and healing of bleeding, thrombosed, internal and external haemorrhoids (piles). However, as an infused oil it does not have the intense concentration of an essential oil and so usage of Rue Essential Oil should be limited to extremely weak dilutions (0.25% or less) in a suitable carrier oil
Diluted to 0.25% or less in a carrier oil and then blended into a base cream it can be used for skin care, itching skin, varicose veins, anal fissure and healing of bleeding, thromboses, internal and external haemorrhoids (piles).
Rue Essential Oil is said to promote the release of guilt. Helpful to gain perspective on problems.
Rue essential oil should not be used in aromatherapy as it is a hazardous oil that can burn and irritate the skin. Rue is toxic, an abortifacient, an irritant to the mucus membranes, a neurotoxin, and causes sun sensitivity due to photo toxicity. Furthermore, although several medicinal properties of this oil are described, most of them are reported to have been in use traditionally and their authenticity is not guaranteed. There are no adequate research studies except for its toxic, insect repelling, and abortifacient properties. So, the utmost care should be taken while using this oil externally.
- Never ingest.
- Never use during pregnancy.
- Never use on or near children.
2-Undecanone, 2-Nonanone, Methyl salicylate, Octanoic acid, (+)-Limonene, 1,8-Cineole, 2-Tridecanone, 2-Decanone, Valeric acid, Linalool, 2-Nonanol, a-Pinene, Non-volatiles -Angelicin, Methoxsalen, Isopimpinellin, Bergapten, Psoralen
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.