Ravensara – Ravensara aromatica
Fresh, mildly spicy refreshing scent.
Blends Well With
Bay, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Clary Sage, Cedar Wood, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Pine, Rosemary Sandalwood, Tea Tree And Thyme
Significant confusion exists between Ravensara oil – Ravensara aromatica and Ravintsara oil – Cinnamomum camphora. The confusion means that caution should be used when buying this oil.
Ravensara essential oil is one of the best medicinal oils to fight against viral diseases like cold, influenza, pox, measles and mumps. Useful for severe coughs, congestion, asthma & breathing troubles and heaviness in the chest arising from phlegm in the bronchii, trachea, larynx, pharynx and lungs. It is effective for many types of pain, including cramps and abdominal pains, toothache, headache, muscular, joint pain and earaches. It fights spasms and induces relaxation in muscles and nerves. Ravensara has also proved extremely useful in cases of frigidity or sexual dysfunction. It enhances the libido and also helps cure erectile dysfunctions. It is also used as a growth tonic for children.
In a diffuser, it can help with cold, influenza, pox, measles and mumps, congestion, asthma & breathing troubles and phlegm in the bronchi, trachea, larynx, pharynx and lungs.
Diluted to 1% or less as a massage oil or in the bath it is effective for many types of pain, including cramps and abdominal pains, toothache, headache, muscular and joint pain, and earaches. It fights spasms and induces relaxation in muscles and nerves
It is very good at inducing relaxation in cases of tension, stress, anxiety and other nervous and neurological problems. It also calms and soothes nervous afflictions and disorders. Its relaxing effect helps bring healthy and restful sleep to patients suffering from insomnia. It uplifts mood, calms the body and mind and helps address stress, anger, anxiety, tension and nervous problems.
GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) Still, it is not recommended during pregnancy, since it has aphrodisiac properties, working on various hormones whose secretion can have adverse effects in pregnancy.
α–Pinene, δ-Carene, Caryophyllene, Germacreme, Limonene, Linalool, Methyl chavicol, Methyl eugenol, Sabinene, Terpineol.
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products. U
- se sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.