Organic Peppermint – Mentha piperita
Blends Well With
Lavender, Eucalyptus, Marjoram
Sweet, minty & rich smell
Peppermint has a cooling action, it helps clear nasal passages with steam inhalation. It is a mental stimulant – good to use when studying (but not last thing at night). For upset tummy massage area in a clockwise direction. Peppermint is effective against a number of pathogenic organisms, including MRSA. It’s also a useful deterrent for vermin – e.g. mice, rats, ants and cockroaches, especially when combined with Eucalyptus.
- Diluted to 2% or less in a carrier oil and blended with a cream it can reduce the irritation caused by sunburn and ease the redness of inflamed skin as well as reducing itchiness.
- Good to use with Lavender and Marjoram during winter, as a chest rub.
- In a diffuser it can act as a mental stimulant.
- It will help to clear a blocked nose and congested sinuses.
- In a cool bath it is sovereign for itchy skin (only one drop in bath).
- Useful in a foot bath (not more than 3 drops) to cool and deodorise feet.
- Helps to clear nasal passages with steam inhalation.
- Undiluted – dilute to 2% or less in a suitable carrier oil before use
- Ready to Use is a 3% dilution in a blend of Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) carrier oils
Refreshes the mind and boosts concentration. It can ease headaches, cool and calm anger and hysteria
- Peppermint oil should be avoided late at night and by insomniacs.
- Avoid with the use of cardiac stabilizing medications, including quinidine.
- Avoid use with children under 6 years of age.
- Overuse of peppermint can also be problematic for heavy smokers of menthol cigarettes.
- Avoid if suffering from liver damage, gallbladder inflammation and gallstones. The contraindication for gallstones is important to note, because this condition is often asymptomatic. Overweight Caucasian women over age 40 are particularly at risk for asymptomatic gallstones.
- Topically, peppermint essential oil is considered a moderate dermal irritant unless well diluted.
(-)-Menthol, Menthone, (-)-Menthyl acetate, Neomenthol, 1,8-Cineole, (6R)-Menthofuran, Isomenthone, Terpinen-4-ol, (1R)-(+)-ß-Pulegone, (+)-Limonene, Germacrene D, ß-Caryophyllene, (E)-Sabinene hydrate, ß-Pinene, Piperitone, Isomenthol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.