Peru Balsam – Myroxylon balsamum var. pereirae
Rich, woody; with a delicious benzoin and vanilla sweetness
Blends Well With
Black pepper, Ginger, Jasmine, Lavender, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rose, Sandalwood, Ylang ylang
This oil is used as a fixative and base note in soaps and body care products and is sometimes found in commercial soft drinks. It is antioxidant, antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulant, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and has expectorant qualities.
Peru Balsam oil can stimulate the immune system and helps eliminate free radicals throughout the body. Helps with elimination of germs and bacteria, cleansing areas that may be susceptible to invasion or infection. It can stimulate the lungs to expel any and all collected phlegm, which also clears out congestion in the respiratory tracts.
It is primarily recognised for its ability to provide relief from mental afflictions, particularly nerves, anxiety and stress.
Its anti-inflammatory qualities are numerous, ranging from the topical application on wounds or aching joints to internal results of its use in the form of massage oils to lower blood pressure and increase heart health.
Good for people who suffer from haemorrhoids. Diuretic.
Peru Balsam is a popular ingredient in dental hygiene products, as it can help eliminate dangerous bacteria and infections from the teeth and gums
Good to use in a diffuser, to help remove mucous from the lungs and sinus areas. Used in a water-based diffuser it is good for stress related disorders including anxiety.
Dilute to 0.1% or less in a carrier oil for a stimulant effect on the immune system and for relief from aching joints and as a massage oil to lower blood pressure.
Peru Balsam is a rich, expansive oil which opens the heart and mind to the sweetness of life. Excellent for relieving stress and creating an open, laid back and open-handed reaction to the world
One of the most allergenic essential oils. May have negative reactions when exposed, which range from irritation to blisters, watery eyes, and general discomfort. ALWAYS carry out a patch test before use. Never Ingest Although it is used in the food and drink industry, do not attempt to flavour food or drink with this oil on your own.
Benzyl benzoate; (E)-Benzyl cinnamate, Benzoic acid, (E)-Cinnamic acid, (E)-Nerolidol, (E)-Methyl cinnamate, Benzyl alcohol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.