Petitgrain – Petitgrain bigarade / Citrus aurantium
Bitter Orange Leaf, Orange Leaf, Seville Orange Leaf, Sour Orange Leaf
Leaves and twigs
Orange blossoms with a bitter, woody and herbaceous undertone.
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary sage, Geranium, Lavender, Lime, Jasmine, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Rosewood, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang
Petitgrain oil helps with nervous problems, soothes aches and pains. Antiseptic, deodorant, relaxing, refreshing, rejuvenating. It has an affinity with the skin, helping with acne, pimples and blemishes, balancing over-active sebaceous glands, reducing spider veins, and acting as an all-round tonic to the complexion. It is helpful for asthma, anxiety, colic, depression, diarrhoea, dyspepsia, fluid retention, greasy hair and oily skin, headaches and migraine, hay fever, insomnia, mature skin, nausea, nervous exhaustion and stress. Relaxing, refreshing and uplifting Petitgrain essential oil makes for a good pick-me-up and tonic.
- In a diffuser, it can help with convalescence, anger, panic, depression and anxiety, calming irritation, while relaxing the body and boosting the conscious intellectual side of the mind.
- Diluted to 2% or less as a massage oil or in the bath, it assists with irritability, tension, rapid heartbeat, pain and insomnia, while calming and relaxing the body and fighting skin blemishes.
- When used in a cream or lotion, it is very useful to help clear up greasy skin and to release the congestion of such a skin, while at the same time helping to clear up acne, pimples and other skin blemishes. It’s also great for oily dandruff (put 2 drops in the final rinse after shampooing greasy hair).
Relaxing, refreshing and uplifting. Petitgrain is emotionally balancing and is very uplifting. This oil can help release denial, avoidance and self-judgment.
GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe)
Linalyl acetate, Linalool, (+)-Limonene, α-Terpineol, Geranyl acetate, β-Pinene, Neryl acetate, Geraniol, (E)- β-Ocimene, β-Myrcene, Nerol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.