Pimento Berry – Pimenta officinalis
Allspice oil, Jamaican Pepper and Pimenta
warm, spicy-sweet, clove-like aroma.
Blends Well With
Ginger, Geranium, Orange, Patchouli
Pimento Berry essential oil is a comforting, warming oil that is especially useful for rheumatism, chest complaints and for treating stress and depression. It also has a warming effect on the muscles and can help relieve the pain associated with stiffness, rheumatism, muscular and gastric cramps and arthritis. It has a tonic effect on the digestive system and can aid digestion, flatulence, stomach cramps and nausea. It is also beneficial for the respiratory system and can be useful for coughs, bronchitis and chills.
Helpful with depression and nervous tension/exhaustion. Pimento Berry Essential Oil, in small dilutions, is said to act as an aphrodisiac. Its rich, warm aroma also complements masculine blends.
- Good to use in a diffuser, can be used for acute bronchitis and colds, as well as sneezing and to help lift depression and a feeling of weakness.
- Used in a water based diffuser it is good for stress related disorders including depression.
- Dilute to 0.25% or less in a carrier oil for a tonic effect on the body and to relieve nervous tension and exhaustion.
Pimento Berry essential oil has a warming effect on the emotions. It can be helpful for stress-related disorders, depression, nervous tension and exhaustion
Although Pimento Berry Essential Oil is regarded for its use within personal fragrances, massage, arthritic and muscular applications, Pimento Berry Oil can be a dermal irritant and mucous membrane irritant. Dilute to 0.15% or less before skin application. Avoid if using Warfarin or other blood clotting medication – risk of interference with blood clotting.
Eugenol (from 60 -75 per cent, even 80 per cent), phenol, Cineol, Phellandrene, Isoeugenol 1%, Limonene 2%, Linalool 0.5%
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.