Phobos Essential Oil Blend
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens)
- Ylang Ylang (Cananga odorata)
- Neroli Absolute (Citrus aurantium)
- Sweet Orange (Citrus sinensis)
- Rose Damask Absolute (Rosa damascena)
- Frankincense (Boswellia sacra)
Steam distillation (for all oils) and solvent extraction for absolutes
Blends Well With
Phobos, the larger of the 2 moons of Mars is named after the twin brothers of the Greek god Ares the god of war. Phobos means terror, panic. Panic attacks are truly frightening with symptoms which include restricted breathing, heart palpitations, tingling and pins and needles in the extremities, clammy skin and dizziness. They are also mysterious, often appearing with no obvious cause and leaving the sufferer more frightened of another attack than of whatever triggered the attack in the first place. Phobos oil helps to control an attack which is under way by calming fears, easing shortness of breath, alleviating heart palpitations and reducing blood pressure levels.
Phobos should be used at the earliest opportunity during a panic attack by rubbing onto pulse points and the back of the neck and breathing in the scent. More generally it can be used to bolster strength and courage when going into battle in whatever form that may take. Rub the oil onto a candle then burn it. Rub a few drops onto a light bulb then switch on the light. Can be used diluted on the skin by rubbing onto pulse points and the back of the neck and breathing in the scent.
Warm, reassuring, floral fragrance with a green earthy note
- Undiluted – dilute to 3% or less in a suitable carrier
- Ready to Use – is diluted to 3% in a blend of Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) carrier oils
An uplifting blend to calm, relax, restore and maintain the emotions. It has a great all-over balancing effect on the mind and helps to relieve feelings of panic, stress, anxiety, depression. Good for meditation as it elevates the mind, slows and deepens breathing. Very useful in self-exploration.
May cause photosensitivity so avoid sunlight after use. Avoid if taking Warfarin, Heparin, Ibuprofen, Aspirin or Ginkgo Biloba or scheduled for a surgical or dental procedure. Extremely rarely, an allergic reaction may be experienced. This should be treated as a medical emergency
Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellyl formate, Isomenthone, 1-epi-y-Eudesmol, Geranyl formate, Geranyl butyrate, Geranyl tiglate, ß-Caryophyllene, Guaia-6,9-diene, Germacrene D, Benzyl benzoate, α-Farnesene, Benzyl acetate, Geranyl acetate, p-Cresyl methyl ether, Farnesyl acetate, α-Caryophyllene, Cinnamyl acetate, Methyl benzoate, 3-Hexen-1-yl-benzoate, Bicyclogermacrene, α-Cadinol, 3-Methyl-2-buten-1-yl acetate, Isoeugenol, (+)-Limonene, Linalyl acetate, (E)-ß-Ocimene, α-Terpineol, ß-Pinene, (E)-Nerolidol, (E,E)-Farnesol, Neryl acetate, ß-Myrcene, Sabinene, Nerol, (Z)-ß-Ocimene, ß-Bisabolene α-Pinene, Methyleugenol, Citronellyl acetate, Ethanol, 2-Phenylethanol, (E,E)-Farnesol, Eugenol, α–Thujene, Camphene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.