Camphor – Cinnamomum camphora
Laurel Camphor, Gum Camphor
Strong penetrating fragrant odour
Purity, Health, Divination
Blends Well With
Basil, Cajeput, Chamomile, Lavender and Melissa, Caraway; Pennyroyal; Rosemary
Steam distillation from the chipped wood, root stumps and branches. It is then vacuum rectified and filter pressed. White camphor oil is the first distillation fraction and is of the highest quality.
Camphor has a strong, penetrating, fragrant odour, a bitter, pungent taste, and is slightly cold to the touch like menthol. Locally it is an irritant, numbs the peripheral sensory nerves, and is slightly antiseptic. It is not readily absorbed by the mucous membrane, but is easily absorbed by the subcutaneous tissue.
Its great value is in colds, chills and in all inflammatory complaints. Camphor is used externally as a counter-irritant in rheumatisms, sprains and in inflammatory conditions. It relieves irritation of the sexual organs.
Well-known preventative of moths and woodworm
- Use a single drop of Camphor in a vaporizer to stimulate the intellectual centres and help prevent narcotic drugs taking effect,
- Used in a water-based diffuser it has a soothing and calming influence on hysteria, nervousness and neuralgia.
- Dilute to 1% or less applied externally for rheumatisms, sprains and in inflammatory conditions.
It stimulates the intellectual centres and helps prevent narcotic drugs taking effect, but in cases of nervous excitement it has a soothing and calming influence on hysteria, nervousness and neuralgia.
Camphor oil is powerful oil and should be used with care. Overdosing can cause convulsions and vomiting. Pregnant women or persons suffering from epilepsy and asthma should not use it nor allow skin contact
(+)-Limonene, p-Cymene, α-Pinene, 1,8-Cineole, Sabinene, ß-Pinene, Camphene, Camphor, Safrole
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.