White Grapefruit – Citrus racemosa/Citrus paradisi
Medium to Top
Generosity, Joy, Spontaneity, Uplifting
Grapefruit white essential oil has a fresh, slightly bitter citrus scent that is very characteristic of the fruit
Blends Well With
Grapefruit white blends well with other members of the citrus family, Bergamot, Geranium, Palmarosa, Frankincense, Rosemary, Cypress, Lavender, Geranium, Cardamon and generally most spice oils
This refreshing oil helps to boost digestion, benefits the immune system by helping to clear the lymphatic system, helps with skin problems, and can be used for muscle stiffness, water retention and for bolstering the nervous system. It is sovereign to help dampen appetite and reduce the appearance of cellulite in problem areas like belly and thighs.
It helps to clear congested oily skin and also assists with acne, while toning the skin and tissues. Grapefruit is used in hair care to promote hair growth. Grapefruit has a high vitamin C content and is therefore valuable to the immune system and helps protect against colds and flu. It has a very positive effect on obesity and also has diuretic properties, helping to remove excess water from the body and is therefore also great for treating cellulite.
When used in a vaporizer it is sovereign to help dampen appetite and reduce the appearance of cellulite in problem areas like belly and thighs. It is valuable to the immune system and helps protect against colds and flu
Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil as an astringent skin toner and to stimulate the lymphatic system. It can be used as an antiseptic and astringent oil to treat muscle fatigue, stiffness, acne, fluid retention, while stimulating the lymphatic system and thereby clearing the body of toxins. It can improve skin tone. It may even aid hair growth.
Grapefruit positively affects your mood and revives the mind. It has an uplifting effect and helps with stress and depression.
In rare cases, it may cause some photosensitization. Avoid if using diabetic medication particularly Metformin
(+)-Limonene, ß-Myrcene, α–Pinene, Sabinene, Nootkatone plus non-volatile compounds Bergapten, Epoxy-bergamottin, Bergamottin
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products. Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.