Ginger Lily – Hedychium Spicatum
White Butterfly, Ginger Lily, Kapoor Kachri
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Geranium, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang.
The odour of freshly prepared Ginger Lily Oil is woody spicy with a camphoraceous fresh woody top note and an increasingly spicy, cinnamon type of body note of immense richness and tenacity. On dry out, it becomes again less sweet, but remains spicy woody.
Ginger Lily Oil is effective in curing vomiting and helps in reducing appetite. It is useful in treating inflammation, nausea, halitosis and in getting rid of hiccups.
Ginger Lily Oil also eases several types of body pains and aches. It is best for using in the treatment of poor blood circulation caused by the thickening of the blood or through diseases such as diabetes or cardio-vascular problems.
It can also be used to treat internal injuries as well as asthma in an effective manner. It also provides relief from bronchitis and liver problems.
Ginger Lily oil is used as vasodilator, digestive, stimulant, stomachic, tonic, emmenagogue, carminative and antiseptic agent. It counteracts had mouth taste and smell.
When used in a vaporizer it is useful as a vasodilator, digestive, stimulant, stomachic, tonic, emmenagogue, carminative and antiseptic agent. It counteracts had mouth taste and smell.
Diluted to 2% or less in a carrier oil for poor blood circulation caused by the thickening of the blood or through diseases such as diabetes or cardio-vascular problems.
In a blended base cream, it can be used for body pains and aches. The rhizome and oil is Stomachic, carminative, stimulant and tonic. Employed in the preparation of Abir, a fragrant coloured powder used during Holi festival and religious ceremonies in India. They may be employed as auxiliary in dyeing to impart a pleasant smell to fabrics. They are also used with henna to produce perfumed clothes known locally as Malagiri clothes The oil can be used in fragrance formulation for hair oils, as it can help stop hair falling out, in soaps and face powder.
GRAS (Generally regarded as Safe)
Linalool, (E)-Isoeugenol, Indole, Methyl benzoate, Valeric acid, Jasmine lactone, Benzyl benzoate, Methyl jasmonate, B-Caryophyllene, Methyl epi-jasmonate, Eugenol, Benzyl cyanide, 1,8-Cineole, (Z)-Jasmone, B-Ocimene, Phenylacetaldehyde, (E,E)-2,6,10-trimethyl-2,6,10,12-tridecatetraene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.