Ginger – Zingiber officinale
The ground, dried rhizomes of Zingiber officinalis
Ginger has a warm, green, fresh, spicy, woody scent with a hint of lemon and pepper
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Cedarwood atlas, Coriander, Frankincense, Geranium, Juniper berry, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Ylang-ylang.
Often used in love spells, it is considered to “warm up” the relationship. Reputed to have the power to calm storms at sea.
Astringent and aphrodisiac. Ginger is fiery and fortifying, very effective in relieving motion sickness and nausea, particularly when combined with peppermint essential oil. Inhale from a tissue, or use these oils in a massage before travelling.
Often used to help relieve aching muscles, arthritis, nausea and poor circulation. Reputed to be a sexual tonic.
It can be used to help relieve catarrh, lethargy, nausea, colds, flu, a feeling of loneliness and loss of libido. The warming, stimulating and toning properties of ginger oil help improve poor circulation, warm cold hands and feet, as well as easing muscle strains, backache, arthritis and rheumatism. Blend ginger oil together with other invigorating oils such as black pepper, marjoram sweet and rosemary in massage for these conditions.
Since ginger essential oil is an arterial stimulant, it makes it a valuable oil in skin care to revitalize and bring a glow back to a dull or tired complexion and for Lymphoedema massage.
For those who suffer from a lack of confidence, indecision, guilt, or a general lack of motivation, ginger oil helps bring strength, determination and clarity.
When used with hot compresses, ginger oil can be used for arthritis, rheumatism, muscle aches and digestive upsets. Diluted to 0.5% or less in a carrier oil for sickness, diarrhea and reducing cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
In a blended base cream at 1% dilution, it can be used for arthritis, muscle aches, rheumatism, and also to help with poor circulation and to disperse bruises.
- Undiluted – dilute to 2% or less in a suitable carrier oil before use
- Ready to Use is a 3% dilution in a blend of Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) carrier oils
Anyone suffering from shame, guilt, a lack of confidence, indecision, or lack of motivation, ginger oil helps bring strength, determination and clarity. Sharpens the senses and aids memory
Ginger can irritate sensitive skin and is photo-toxic. Sun exposure is to be avoided after application. Can interact with Warfarin and should not be used if suffering from gallstones.
Zingiberene, ar-Curcumene, ß-Sesquiphellandrene, ß-Bisabolene, Camphene, ß-Phellandrene, Borneol, 1,8-Cineole, α–Pinene, 2-Undecanone
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.