Geranium – Pelargonium graveolens
Middle to Top
Geranium Bourbon-La-Reunion, Rose geranium
A gentle sweet fresh floral scent while carrying some subtle notes similar in character to Rose, strong smelling oil with a hint of mint.
Causing nightmares, Burials, Courage in battle, Safety from theft, Guarding entrances
Blends Well With
Basil, Bergamot, Citronella, Clary Sage, Fennel, Jasmine, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary
Has a tonic action on the liver and kidneys, cleanses body of toxins. Helps guard against fluid retention and swollen ankles. Effective in throat and mouth infections. Has antifungal and analgesic properties.
Geranium oil can be used to help relieve stress, mild depression, PMS, anxiety and tension, menopausal problems and for general energizing. It will help to balance the oil production of the skin and help keep it supple. It works on the adrenal cortex, which has a balancing effect on the hormone system.
It helps to create balance between oily and dry skin. Used in skin care products for fragrance and cleansing properties, and also for massage where there is cellulite
- Use in a steam diffuser or bath for to assist with PMS, depression, stress, anxiety and tension, fluid retention and menstrual irregularities
- Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil for sickness, diarrhoea and reducing cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- In a blended base cream, geranium oil can be used for eczema, repelling insects, shingles, burns and scalds, cellulite, ringworm, bruises and engorgement of the breasts.
An uplifting oil known to calm, relax, restore and maintain the emotions. It has a great all-over balancing effect on the mind and helps to relieve feelings of stress, anxiety, mild depression, PMS, tension, menopausal problems and is good for general energizing.
Non-toxic however is known to affect the hormonal system so best avoided in pregnancy. Avoid if hypoglycaemic
Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellyl formate, Isomenthone, 1-epi-y-Eudesmol, Geranyl formate, Geranyl butyrate, Geranyl tiglate, ß-Caryophyllene, Guaia-6,9-diene, Germacrene D, Geranyl propionate, (Z)-Rose oxide, 2-Phenylethyl butyrate
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.