Garlic – Allium sativum
Garlic, pungent strong
Causing nightmares, Burials, Courage in battle, Safety from theft, Guarding entrances
Blends Well With
Garlic does not blend well with any other essential oil as it overpowers any other aroma
- Essential oil of garlic is a powerful antiseptic – possibly the most powerful among essential oils. Garlic also has antibacterial and anti-hypertensive properties.
- Garlic can lower blood-sugar levels in people with diabetes. It ties up chemical receptors that otherwise would deactivate insulin, the hormone that controls sugar usage, and also stimulates the pancreas to secrete insulin. It does this without stimulating weight gain, a common side effect of many diabetes medications
- People take garlic to prevent colds and flu, to relieve coughs and bronchitis, protect against sickness and diarrhoea and reduce blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Several studies have shown that garlic reduces cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
- The use of Garlic, Tee Tree and Lavender together is great for Nail fungus.
- Garlic is great for keeping fleas away.
- In a vaporiser, use for hypertension and cleansing a sick room, colds and flu prevention and relief of bronchitis.
- Use in a steam diffuser or bath for reducing blood sugars and stimulating the pancreas.
- Diluted to 0.5% or less in a carrier oil for sickness, diarrhoea and reducing cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
Garlic is a shock to the system. For many the overpowering smell of garlic is to be avoided but it helps drive away frustration, focusses the mind in the here and now and starts a fire in the belly. Useful for facing a challenge.
Sacred to Hecate and a protection against evil. Dispels negative energies and entities – useful in cleansing of atmospheres and implements. Offers protection to women in difficult circumstances including childbirth. Hecate is a goddess of women’s religion, a help in childbirth and a support to women learning their powers. In late imagery she also has two ghostly dogs as servants by her side, she is called the Bitch and the She-Wolf, and her presence is signified by the barking of dogs.
A few drops of the pure oil can fill a house with its strong aroma. Use extremely well diluted. Garlic has been implicated in post-operative bleeding, and changes in blood clotting ability have been seen when garlic and warfarin are used together. Avoid if taking Warfarin or other blood thinning medication. US researchers recently proposed that garlic should not be consumed for at least seven days before surgery
Diallyl trisulphide, Diallyl disulphide, Methyl allyl trisulphide, Methyl allyl disulphide, Propyl allyl disulphide, ethyl allyl tetrasulphide, Dimethyl trisulphide, Diallyl sulphide, Diallyl pentasulphide, 2-Vinyl-4H-1,3-dithiin, Methyl allyl pentasulphide, Dimethyl tetrasulphide, Propyl methyl disulphide, Diallyl tetrasulphide
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products. Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.