Fennel (Sweet) – Foeniculum vulgare
Roman Coriander, Nutmeg Flower
Fennel Sweet has a spicy, sweet, woodsy scent
Longevity, Courage, Honour, Purity
Blends Well With
Geranium, Lavender, Rose and Sandalwood
Fennel was used by nursing mothers, to increase their milk and make it more wholesome for the child. It is also good for shortness of breath and wheezing. Fennel has recognised diuretic properties.
It dissolves boils and treats swellings, acts as a diuretic to remove excess water and to start breaking down cellulite. Fennel was employed for its properties in aiding weight loss as it promotes that ‘full feeling’. It has a toning effect on the spleen and liver, that helps with the results of excess drink and food.
It has a cleansing and toning effect on the skin, livening a dull complexion, helping with bruises, sorting out overly oily skin and to fight wrinkles in more mature complexions. According to Culpepper it also “amends the ill colour of the face after sickness”.
- Vaporise Fennel oil to aid in weight loss and to act as a diuretic.
- Use in a diffuser for respiratory problems.
- Fennel oil can be used as a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath as a remedy for digestive complaints such as flatulence, constipation, colic, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, dyspepsia and hiccups.
- Diluted to 3% or less in a carrier oil as a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath as a remedy for digestive complaints such as flatulence, constipation, colic, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, dyspepsia and hiccups.
Provides help and strength when facing danger or dire times. Fennel oil is used to boost courage and strength in the face of adversity. A drop of Fennel Oil (diluted) on the brow when attempting to make an important decision will clarify the honourable path
Avoid in cases of pregnancy and epilepsy
(E)-Anethole, (+)-Limonene, Fenchone, Estragole, α–Pinene, α–Phellandrene, (Z)-Anethole
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.