Fir Needle – Abies siberica
Fresh, woody and earthy scent
Dilute to 3% or less in a suitable carrier oil before skin application. Always carry out a patch test before use. Blends well with Coconut carrier oil.
A good antibacterial shown to be effective against staphylococcal and listeria infections. It comes with tonic, astringent, expectorant, antiseptic, nervine, diuretic and antitussive properties. It fights sore throat and respiratory infections, fatigue, muscle aches and arthritis. Fir needle essential oil is also utilized in the manufacture of cosmetic products, perfumes, bath oils, air fresheners and incense. Fir Needle has cleansing properties as well as its free radical scavenging and bacteria destroying abilities, so it can be helpful to people who are trying to detoxify their bodies. Useful for respiratory issues, it helps loosen mucous and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the throat and bronchial tubes. Fir needle often tops lists for the best essentials oils to assist with bone repair. As a result, along with diet and exercise, Fir Needle can be a very helpful natural treatment for osteoporosis.
Good to diffuse for relaxation- mix two drops with water into a diffuser. May be blended with carrier oils for aromatherapy massage for muscle pain and arthritis. Add a few drops to a diffuser for a great way to wake up and feel energized. Often used in room sprays, detergents, cough and cold preparations. To make a room spray, combine 2 oz of distilled water with about 10 drops of essential oil in a mister and shake well. For joint inflammation, mix 10 drops Fir Needle with 5 drops Orange and 1 oz jojoba wax to use in a massage. For a cough, mix two drops with hot water and create a steam tent.
Blends Well With
Cedarwood, Benzoin, Pine, Rosemary, Lavandin, Galbanum, Oakmoss, Lavender
Fir Needle essential oil is said to have a grounding and empowering effect stimulating the mind while encouraging the body to relax. Fir Needle essential oil is mood uplifting, refreshing, reviving. It improves mental clarity and encourages communication. Helps balance emotions and soothe anxious feelings. Diffuse for a relaxing aroma. When working through difficult situations diffuse Fir Needle to reduce stress and clarify thoughts.
May cause irritation to the eyes. Avoid use in the sun. Avoid during pregnancy. Never ingest.
Camphene, Limonene, α–Pinene, d-3-Carene, β–Myrcene, β–Pinene, β–Phellandrene, Tricyclene, Bornyl acetate
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- f you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html.
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.