Jasmine Absolute – Jasminium officinale var. grandiflorum
Middle – Base
For undiluted products, dilute to 3% or less before use. Ready to Use products are a 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oils.
Jasmine is recognised in many traditions as the scent of love. Its traditional name – the King of Flowers – denotes its stature for its well-loved scent and powerful reputation as an aphrodisiac.
Jasmine Absolute is a very useful oil in skincare thanks to its toning, relaxing and soothing properties. It can ease muscle pain, ease stress and tension and decrease nervousness.
It is also considered useful for lifting post-natal depression. Relaxing, warming, de-stressing, emotionally warming, toning, antiseptic, aphrodisiac and anti-spasmodic.
Jasmine has been used for liver disease (hepatitis), liver pain due to cirrhosis, and abdominal pain due to severe diarrhoea (dysentery). It is also used to cause relaxation (as a sedative), to heighten sexual desire (as an aphrodisiac), and in cancer treatment.
When diluted in an oil, cream or lotion it’s great for dry, greasy and sensitive skin and can help to reduce stretch marks and other scars. Absolutes should always be very well diluted – in a carrier oil for massage. It can also be burned or vaporized for similar results.
Ethanolic extraction of the concrete, itself produced by solvent extraction of the flowers
Aroma is long lasting and has a deep, musky, rich, warm floral type scent.
Blends Well With
Blends well with virtually anything, but particularly Citrus Oils.
It brings a feeling of confidence, warmth and trust, releasing inhibitions and developing exhilarating playfulness. Jasmine is an oil that brings a lightness and happy feeling to those who use it. It is a known aphrodisiac and helps to dispel fear, guilt, and emotional blocks. It makes the subtle connection between physical love and spiritual advancement.
Not to be used during pregnancy; can induce contractions. Dilute before skin application. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Benzyl acetate, Benzyl benzoate, Phytol, Squalene-2,3-oxide, Isophytol, Phytyl acetate, Linalool, Squalene, Geranyl linalool, Indole, (Z)-Jasmone, Eugenol, (Z)-Methyl jasmonate, Jasmolactone, Methyl benzoate.
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.