Ho Wood – Cinnamomum camphora
It can help manifest visions into realities.
The aroma is similar to Rosewood and can be used as an alternative. Camphor is distilled from the wood of the tree Cinnamomum camphora, while Ho Wood comes from the leaf
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Lavender, Mandarin and Rosewood.
Useful for acne, dermatitis, and general skin care. Often used for headaches and stress,
Ho Wood is a mild analgesic. It is also used in Aromatherapy skin care to soothe inflamed skin conditions and as an insect repellent. It is relaxing and anti-depressant and helps facing areas in life that need changing. Stimulating effect on immune system and wounds. Good for scars and sensitive skin. When well diluted it can be used as a chest rub, or in a vaporiser.
Traditionally used as a deodorant, soothing agent, skin conditioner, aphrodisiac, muscle relaxant. Ho Wood is antiseptic
Ho Wood is a recognised aid for insomnia, antidepressant, immune stimulant, and helps generate new cell growth. This makes Ho Wood particularly interesting for anti-aging and mature skin care blends. The aroma is similar to Rosewood and can be used as an alternative.
When used (extremely well diluted) in a vaporizer Ho Wood is good for headaches and stress, as an aphrodisiac, muscle relaxant or as an antiseptic air cleanser.
In a diffuser its aroma is especially pleasing and calming when diffused for insomnia.
Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil Ho Wood can be used as a chest rub and for general skin care.
Ho Wood helps to overcome inertia, provides “get up and go” when lost in daydreams. It helps in breaking the hold of daydreams, bad situations & fear of the unknown. Ho Wood can help you shape a new reality and gives the courage to change
Ho-leaf and Ho-wood oils are obtained from a variety of camphor tree and like all camphors they are a hazardous oil. Use with care. Avoid if suffering from epilepsy.
Camphor Linalool, Safrole, Bicyclogermacrene, α–Caryophyllene, ß-Caryophyllene, Spathulenol, (+)-Limonene, α–Terpineol, 1,8-Cineole, α–Pinene, ß-Myrcene, Camphene, Terpinen-4-ol, Borneol, ß-Pinene, Methyleugenol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html.
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.