Frangipani Absolute – Plumeria rubra
Originally native to Central America, now widely grown in S. Europe
Pagoda tree, Tree of Life
Ethanolic extraction of the concrete, itself produced by solvent extraction of the flowers
Frangipani Absolute Oil has a complex, sweet, floral aroma with an exotic soft, spicy undertone.
Blends Well With
Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove, Ginger, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Orange, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rose, Sandalwood and Ylang Ylang
Frangipani has well-documented antibacterial properties, in particular against e.coli bacteria*. It is also anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Used as an antioxidant and for reducing stress, calming the pulse rate and the mind so very valuable for meditation
Massage, baths, vaporization and may be added to base emollients. It can be used in aromatherapy perfumes and skin care preparations to lend a beautiful fragrance to your blends. Used in high class perfumery, it often chosen purely for its scent. As an absolute must be diluted, usually to 3% or less in a carrier oil.
Frangipani refreshes and assists in deep cleansing. Frangipani is known for its soothing qualities and can give inner peace and confidence. It is particularly valued for its emotionally uplifting properties. It soothes many emotional problems and can help those who working through psychological blockages associated with love and sexual fulfilment.
Frangipani epitomizes divine perfection. It can be used for meditation on perfect love and perfect trust. It is a welcome offering to the Gods. Frangipani can also be used in funeral rites. It blesses the soul of the departed and reminds those left behind of the immortal nature of the soul and its long journey through the many cycles of life. Frangipani is perfect for blessing a sacred union, marriage or hand-fasting, to invoke the highest form of spiritual and sensual love.
Generally, a safe oil, but best avoided in pregnancy and for children. Frangipani Absolute should not be used on broken or irritated skin. May cause skin irritation in concentration. Do not take internally; avoid contact with eyes; store away from children. Dilute to 3% or less before skin application. A patch test should be performed before use for those with sensitive skin.
Amyrinacetate, mixture of Amyrins, ß-Sitosterol, Scopotetin, the Iriddoids Isoplumericin, Plumieride, Plumieride coumerate and Plumieride coumerate glucoside
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html.
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.