Sleepyhead for Children
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- German Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis)
- Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)
Steam distillation for essential oils and solvent extraction for absolutes
Earthy floral with a citrus top note
Sleep is vital to our well- being and our body’s ability to recuperate, heal and manage its internal processes correctly. Being unable to sleep becomes a health issue when it continues for more than one or two nights in a row.
For many children, bedtime is an ordeal. Too much activity, too much excitement or simply too much daylight in the summer months means that the simple act of drifting off to sleep becomes near impossible. The more often it happens the more difficult it becomes as the child becomes over-tired and unable to relax.
For children with attention deficit issues the problem can be worse still.
Sleepyhead is designed to help with nervous exhaustion and restlessness, provide a sense of calm following over-excitement or anxiety. It can also help to ease some of the pains of childhood.
Use the Atomiser room spray immediately before going to sleep, paying particular attention to the bed and bed linens and any night clothes worn for sleeping. Use the Roll-On dispenser to massage the Ready to Use oil onto temples, forehead, the back of the neck and pulse points at the wrists.
If sleep is disturbed use the Ready to Use oil and place a few drops across the top lip (avoiding mucous membranes) so that the fragrance can be inhaled during sleep.
- Ready to Use is a 1% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oils
- Undiluted – dilute to 1% or less in a suitable carrier oil
- For Atomiser 1% dilution in water, Polysorbate-20, Benzyl alcohol, Dehydro Acetic acid, Sorbic acid and Benzonic acid.
- Sleepyhead for Children is a soothing and calming oil which imparts this quality to both physical and emotional conditions alike. Its action is gentle and is very suitable for relaxing and de-stressing over-excited children. It is particularly useful with childish tantrums.
- It helps with relaxing and calming nervous afflictions and disturbances.
- Stress releasing and therefore good to use at night.
- Calming and grounding to the body and mind.
- No known toxicity. However, may trigger skin reactions in sensitive children. Possible risk of photo-toxicity, so avoid direct sunlight after use.
- High dosage may result in dizziness, cramps, stomach aches, mild depression, and occasionally as a skin rash or hives. May cause lethargy.
- If any symptoms occur cease using the product immediately. If symptoms persist seek medical advice.
- Avoid if previously allergic to Asteraceae/Compositae family of plants which includes ragweed, chrysanthemums, marigolds and daisies amongst many others. Avoid using with dietary supplements such as St. John’s Wort, Kava, and Melatonin.
Linalol, Linalyl acetate, Lavandulol, Lavandulyl acetate, Terpineol, Limonene, Citral, Caryophyllene, α–Bisabolol, α–Bisabolol oxide, Sesquiterpenes, Apigenin, Luteolin, Quercetin, Umbelliferone, Anthemic acid, Choline, Tannin, Polysaccharides, en-yn Dicycloether, Limonene, Methyl-anthranilate, Geraniol, Citronellal
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 2 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.