Sandalwood Amyris – Amyris balsamifera
West Indian Sandalwood
Rich woody scent
Blends Well With
Blends well with most oils. The list includes Rose, Clove Bud, Lavender, Geranium, Vetiver, Patchouli, Jasmine, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Fennel, Myrrh, Frankincense, Palmarosa, Spearmint, and Vanilla.
A less costly and more ethically sound substitute for Indian Sandalwood (Santalum album), Sandalwood Amyris is antiseptic, soothing and sedative. It is commonly used for the treatment of sleeplessness, mental strain and stress.
This oil has been used to clean wounds, and treat influenza, diarrhoea. It is said to be effective at alleviating cystitis and vaginal infections. It is used to treat coughs and colds, and bronchitis. Its calming properties help during meditation. It is also a muscle relaxant and emollient. It improves circulation and is very calming to the skin and the mind. This oil both slows the aging process and regenerates the skin, making it an excellent choice for facial care blends. Sandalwood Amyris is also used as insect repellent
In a diffuser, it is used for the treatment of sleeplessness, mental strain and stress. It helps ease anxiety and tension and acts as an aphrodisiac, relieving impotence and frigidity.
Diluted to 2% or less it is effective at alleviating cystitis and vaginal infections. When blended in a cream or lotion it can be used for an anti-ageing treatment. Widely used in high-end creams and lotions as a substitute for true sandalwood.
Sandalwood Amyris has a euphoric, uplifting effect on the psych. Its cooling action also helps to relieve frustration and sexual tension. It also acts as an aphrodisiac, relieving impotence and frigidity. The scent is both uplifting and soothing with a strong anti-inflammatory action. It relaxes and calms the mind, helping to alleviate insomnia. It is used for the treatment of mental strain and stress and is also known to uplift the mood. It can help to clear the mind and induce a meditative state. Strengthens resolve and imparts courage.
GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe)
Valerianol, α–Eudesmol, 7-epi-α–Eudesmol, 10-epi-y-Eudesmol, Elemol, ß-Eudesmol, ß-Sesquiphellandrene, y-Eudesmol, α–Zingiberene, Amorpha-4,11-diene, Drimenol, ar-Curcumene, Selina-3,7(11)-diene, y-Curcumene, Cadina-4,11-diene, ß-Dihydroagarofuran, α–Agarofuran, (E)-Nerolidol, α–Acoradiene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.