Rosewood – Aniba rosaeodora (India)
Rosewood has a fantastic warm and woody scent, while at the same time being both floral and fruity.
Blends Well With
Cedarwood, Frankincense, Geranium, Rosemary, Mandarin, Ylang Ylang.
Indian Rosewood is accepted as a suitable replacement for Brazilian Rosewood which is no longer available commercially due to its protected species status.
Rosewood essential oil is a calming and steadying oil – good to use during exams or when driving, it’s also a great oil for the relief of stress, an aphrodisiac and a good deodorant. Useful for all skin types but ideal for mature skin, its rejuvenating nature makes it helpful for wrinkles and in anti-stretchmark creams. It is also ideal to use in bath preparations. A few drops in a teaspoon of milk, added to bath water makes a lovely treat at the end of a hard day.
When burned or vaporised Rosewood has uplifting, relaxing and soothing properties. Rosewood Oil deadens moderate pain without side effects. It has been known to dull the throbbing of a toothache. It also helps to calm muscle fatigue and soreness or pain in the joints.
It has a slight antiseptic effect that also serves to prevent and eliminate infections from minor scrapes and scratches. It’s also a clearing oil that can help with sinusitis and congestion in general.
In a diffuser, Rosewood is thought to stimulate the mind and lift feelings of mental and physical tiredness. It’s also a clearing oil that can help with sinusitis and congestion in general.
Diluted to 2% or less as a massage oil it can relieve headaches by placing a drop or two of this essential oil on each temple with a cotton swab.
Rosewood has uplifting, relaxing and soothing properties. When diffused Rosewood stimulates the mind and lifts feelings of mental and physical tiredness.
Avoid in pregnancy. Possible irritant to sensitive skin.
Linalool, α–Terpineol, (Z)-Linalool oxide, (E)-Linalool oxide, 1,8-Cineole
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.