Rose Otto – Rosa damascena
Steam distilled as a traditional attar.
Rose Otto oil is the most useful nurturing and nourishing oil for maturing skin. It stimulates and rejuvenates skin, moisturizes and hydrates all skin types. It is also valuable for menstruation, menopause and hormonal issues for women. It will help calm wedding night nerves and set the mood for a lifetime of mutual need and support in a loving relationship. It is useful in dealing with allergies, asthma, “the blues” and headaches. It fights depression and helps to address emotional sadness and loss. It is considered the oil of choice for use during times of grief. It can be helpful for those that suffer from PTSD and varying levels of anxiety. It is helpful during times of stress. When used in low concentrations, Rose Oil can be helpful for insomnia. Rose Oil is considered an aphrodisiac. Characteristic warm spicy, very deep rosy odour.
- In a diffuser, it can help with stress, anxiety, allergies, depression, PTSD and grief.
- Diluted to 2% or less as a massage oil or in the bath it is effective for toning and rejuvenating the skin, for insomnia, and addressing menopausal and hormonal issues.
- Undiluted – dilute to 3% or less in a suitable carrier oil before use
- Ready to Use is a 3% dilution in a blend of Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) carrier oils
Blends Well With
Rose Damask generally blends well with all oils, though it works particularly well with Bergamot, German and Roman Chamomile, Clary Sage, Geranium, Melissa, Rosewood, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang
Rose Otto is rich and indulgent and makes anyone feel special, particularly in dark times. It suffuses the senses and used as a perfume it feels sensuous and increases sexual feelings. It is used to harmonize the mind, it helps in anger, depression, grief, fear, nervous tension and stress. It also helps in dealing with emotional problems, self-esteem and self-nurturing.
GRAS (Generally Regarded as Safe) Still, it is not recommended during pregnancy.
Citronellol, Geraniol, Nerol, Methyl eugenol, Linalool, Citronellyl Acetate, Ethanol, 2-Phenylethanol, (E,E)-Farnesol, ß-Caryophyllene, Eugenol, Geranyl Acetate
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.