Queen of the Night – Sacred to Hecate
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Myrrh (Commiphora myrrha)
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum)
- Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
Steam distillation all oils except for Pomegranate which is cold pressed
Undiluted – Dilute to 3% or less before skin application
Ready to Use is a 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinfera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) carrier oils
Pungent, garlicy, earthy with a floral and resinous top note
Sacred to Hecate and a protection against evil. Dispels negative energies and entities – useful in cleansing of atmospheres and implements. Offers protection to women in difficult circumstances including childbirth. Hecate is a goddess of women’s religion, a help in childbirth and a support to women learning their powers. In late imagery she also has two ghostly dogs as servants by her side, she is called the Bitch and the She-Wolf, and her presence is signified by the barking of dogs. Her power resembles that of sorcery or witchcraft and includes the power to handle magic herbs and poisons with skill, and to be able to stay the course of rivers or check the paths of the stars and the moon. All wild animals are sacred to Hecate.
Hecate‘s observance is frequent and demanding. According to Ruickbie (2004:19) the Greeks observed two sacred days, one on the 13th of August and one on the 30th of November, whilst the Romans observed the 29th of every month as her sacred day.
Apply to ceremonial objects for use in celebrations. Useful for anointing offerings or gifts to deities, in particular, to Hecate. A few drops of oil on a poppet will increase the effectiveness. Sprinkle or vaporise Queen of the Night oil around a safe space to ensure that its security is maintained and that all negative effects are banished. A few drops at a crossroads is often used as a libation.
Test on a small area of skin before use. Should any adverse reaction immediately occur cease using the product. Avoid if pregnant or lactating. Avoid if taking medications for high blood pressure (ACE inhibitors) Avoid contact with eyes, ears and mouth. Avoid if taking Warfarin or other blood thinning medication.
Linalool, Linalyl acetate, Lavandulyl acetate, ß-Caryophyllene, Terpinen-4-ol, Borneol, α–Terpineol, (Z)-ß-Ocimene, 3-Octanone, (E)-ß-Ocimene,3,3′-Di-O-methylellagic acid, 3,3′,4′-Tri-O-methylellagic acid, Punicic acid, Oleic acid, Palmitic acid, Stearic acid, Linoleic acid, Sterols, Tocopherols, Sex steroids, Furanoeudesma-1,3-diene, ß-Elemene, Furanodiene, Germacrene B, Germacrene D, d-Elemene, 2-Methoxyfuranodiene, Isofuranogermacrene (curzerene), Lindestriene, T-Cadinol, ß-Bourbonene, y-Cadinene Furanoeudesma-1,4-diene, y-Elemene, Diallyl trisulphide, Diallyl disulphide, Methyl allyl trisulphide, Methyl allyl disulphide, Propyl allyl disulphide, ethyl allyl tetrasulphide, Dimethyl trisulphide, Diallyl sulphide, Diallyl pentasulphide, 2-Vinyl-4H-1,3-dithiin, Methyl allyl pentasulphide, Dimethyl tetrasulphide, Propyl methyl disulphide, Diallyl tetrasulphide, Artemesia ketone, 1,8 Cineol, Artemesia alcohol, Yomogi alcohol, p-Cymene, ß-Caryophyllene + terpinene-4-ol, Sabinene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.