- Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
Steam distillation (for all oils)
- Undiluted – Dilute to 2% or less in a suitable carrier oil before use
- Ready to Use – 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oil
Mind Alight is a stimulant. A few drops in the bath are helpful after an illness as a pick-me-up and tonic. It is useful as a muscle ease for tired, stiff and overworked muscles. It stimulates cell renewal. It improves dry or mature skin, eases lines and wrinkles, and heals burns and wounds. It helps mental clarity and revives poor memory. Useful oil to smell when studying (but not last thing at night) and during exams, and good for that Monday morning feeling.
It is great for relieving itchy skin. It is useful in a foot bath to cool and deodorise aching feet and muscles which have been exercised. Mind Alight is effective against a number of pathogenic organisms, including MRSA
Diluted to 2% or less in a carrier oil and blended with a cream it can reduce the irritation caused by sunburn and ease the redness of inflamed skin as well as reducing itchiness. In a diffuser it can act as a mental stimulant for mental alertness, enthusiasm and mental clarity. It will help to clear a blocked nose and congested sinuses. In a cool bath it is sovereign for itchy skin (only one drop in bath). Useful in a foot bath (not more than 3 drops) to cool and deodorise feet particularly after exercise on hard surfaces.
The odour is warm, penetrating and stimulating with a fresh minty top note
Helps to overcome mental fatigue and sluggishness by stimulating and strengthening the entire nervous system. It enhances mental clarity while aiding alertness and concentration. Mind Alight oil can help you cope with stressful conditions and see things from a clearer perspective. Refreshes the mind. It can ease headaches, cool and calm anger and hysteria.
Avoid if epileptic. Rosemary oil contains a chemical that is very similar to aspirin. This chemical, known as salicylate, may cause a reaction in people who are allergic to aspirin. Avoid if suffering from high blood pressure.
Mind Alight should be avoided late at night and by insomniacs. Avoid with the use of cardiac stabilizing medications, including quinidine. Avoid use with children under 6 years of age. Avoid if suffering from liver damage, gallbladder inflammation and gallstones. The contraindication for gallstones is important to note, because this condition is often asymptomatic. Overweight Caucasian women over age 40 are particularly at risk for asymptomatic gallstones. Use well diluted (2% or less) if applying to the skin.
1,8-Cineole, Borneol, Camphene, Verbenone, α–Pinene, Bornyl Acetate, Linalool, Camphene, ß-Caryophyllene, α-Terpineol, p-Cymene, ar-Curcumene, 1-Nonanol, Terpinen-4-ol, (-)-Menthol, Menthone, (-)-Menthyl acetate, Neomenthol, (6R)-Menthofuran, Isomenthone, (1R)-(+)-ß-Pulegone, (+)-Limonene, Germacrene D, (E)-Sabinene hydrate, ß-Pinene, Piperitone, Isomenthol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy. Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products. Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.