May Chang – Litsea cubeba
Mountain Pepper, Exotic Verbena
Used to perfume the body prior to meditation or prayer to improve clear mindedness
Warm, almost musky, lemongrass scent
Blends Well With
Sandalwood or Cedarwood. Masks the scent of Tea Tree and Clary Sage
Less tenacious than lemongrass. It is useful as a massage oil to ease tight muscles. Helpful with travel sickness. May Chang has a refreshing, stimulating uplifting action making it a useful oil for relieving fatigue and lethargy. It has a tonic effect on the nervous system and can help to provide clarity of thought when feeling nervous, stressed, anxious or confused. May Chang is known as an ‘oil of tranquility’ and is recognized for its powerful effect in promoting physical relaxation and mental calm. It is recommended for those suffering from work related stress and an inability to switch off.
It can be used to clear painful obstructions from the digestive system and ease nausea and indigestion. In aromatherapy skin care it is used for oily skin and inflammatory conditions such as acne. It tones the skin and helps with cellulites. It can also be used to treat lower back pain.
Insect repellent. Disinfectant.
- Diluted to 1%-2% in a carrier oil or astringent for teenage or greasy skin
- A few drops on a vaporizer will encourage physical relaxation and clarity of thought.
- A few drops can be added to a warm/hot bath to lift the spirits and clear depression.
May Chang has a refreshing, stimulating uplifting action and helps to provide clarity of thought when feeling nervous, stressed, anxious or confused. Known as an ‘oil of tranquility’ and is recognized for its powerful effect in promoting physical relaxation and mental calm, particularly for those suffering from work related stress and an inability to switch off. It is a wonderful oil to lift the spirit and clear dark clouds of depression, anxiety and fear.
Avoid using this oil if suffering from glaucoma. May have a hormone-like action. Avoid in prostatic hyperplasia. Avoid with sensitive, diseased or damaged skin. Do not administer to children under 12 years.
Geranial, Neral, Methyl heptanone, β–Myrcene, Linalool, Geraniol, Sabinene, Linalyl acetate, α–Pinene, β–Pinene, Nerol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.