Marjoram – Origanum marjorana
The aroma of the oil is warm and spicy, with a hint of nutmeg. It is used in masculine, Oriental, and herbal-spicy perfumes and colognes.
Blends Well With
Orange, Lavender, Rosewood, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Clary Sage, Basil, Thyme, Cypress, Elemi, Chamomile, spices like Nutmeg or Cardamom
Useful for massaging overstretched muscles – acts as a muscle ease. Is supportive of the nervous and cardiovascular systems. Marjoram widens and relaxes the blood vessels, eases the flow of blood, and reduces blood pressure, thereby lessening the strain on the entire cardiovascular system which improves circulation and increases blood flow. It is good for brain function, providing some relief for dementia. Marjoram reduces the pain from colds, fevers, inflammation, overexertion of muscles, toothaches, headaches and numerous other sources. It is helpful in relieving spasm in the respiratory system and intestines, and muscular spasms in the limbs. It also helps to cure convulsions, cramps, and spasmodic cholera caused from uncontrollable spasms. Analgesic, antibacterial.
Marjoram essential oil helps to suppress or control sexual desires.
- Diluted to 1%-2% Marjoram essential oil can be massaged into the abdomen during menstruation or added to a warm compress for relaxation of period pains. Useful for massaging overstretched muscles – acts as a muscle ease.
- A few drops on a vaporizer will encourage sleep, so good to use last thing at night.
- A few drops can be added to a warm/hot bath at the first signs of a cold.
Marjoram oil induces a calming, relaxing and sedative effect on both the mind and body while relieving nervous stress and anxiety. It also generates a happy feeling in cases of anger or sadness. Emotionally, it is the plant of love and longevity. Warming and comforting, use an infusion in the bath for 7 days to aid in resolving sadness or grief.
GRAS (generally regarded as safe)
Terpinen-4-ol, (Z)-Sabinene hydrate, Linalyl acetate, y-Terpinene, α–Terpineol, (E)-Sabinene hydrate, α–Terpinene, Terpinen-4-yl acetate, Sabinene, p-Cymene, Linalool, Terpinolene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.