Lemon – Citrus limonum
Cleanliness, Longevity, Friendship, Purity, Blessings
The crisp and fresh aroma of Lemon Essential Oil is similar to fresh lemon rinds except richer and more concentrated.
Blends Well With
Most citrus oils and lavender
Antiseptic / antibacterial / astringent. Good for brittle nails and greasy oily skin, insect repellent. Helps take the sting out of insect bites
Lemon is often regarded as the rational oil, due to its concentration effects on the mind. The oil has been proven to assist people working in an office setting to work much more efficiently. Lemon is also very clarifying, increases awareness, and assists in the decision-making process. Lemon essential oil is associated with the colour yellow and the Solar Plexus Chakra, as it is uplifting, energizing, supports digestion, and cleanses the liver and gallbladder. Use Lemon Essential Oil daily to increase concentration, purify a room, sacred place, and the body, and banish negative energies.
Good for hair rinses, skin-toners and fresheners. Good for sore throats, colds and feverish conditions, particularly with honey. Lemon is excellent for oral health and as a remedy for halitosis (bad breath). It calms the stomach and relieves nausea. Has been recognised to promote weight loss.
Excellent as a cleaning aid around the house to remove sticky deposits and as an antiseptic or disinfectant. (Not from polished wood!). Always test surfaces before use.
It is used for treating warts and tension headaches
Vaporize to freshen a room particularly with pet smells
In a diffuser it will refresh a tired mind and create a more dynamic atmosphere. A Japanese study found that when they diffused lemon it reduced errors by 54 percent!
Diluted to 1% or less in a carrier oil it can be included in massage blends for clarity of thought and mental alertness. However, it is rarely used alone as it carries the risk of skin irritation and photosensitivity. Usually blended with Lavender or Mandarin.
It is refreshing & uplifting, cooling when hot and bothered, an aid for clarity of thought. Lemon essential oil has very powerful effects against stress and stress related diseases. The oil is extremely clearing, uplifting, and refreshing, promoting the removal of any mental exhaustion and fatigue, anxiety, depression, and nervous tension. The fragrance will also increase concentration and awareness and can be a big help with exams and daily office work. Lemon will also help to calm and center the mind and mental chatter when going to sleep, helping with insomnia.
Non-toxic, but may cause skin irritation in some people. Lemon is also phototoxic and should be avoided prior to exposure to direct sunlight.
(+)-Limonene, β-Pinene, y-Terpinene, α–Terpineol, α–Pinene, Geranial, p-Cymene, β–Myrcene, Neral Terpinen-4-ol, Neryl acetate
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.