Labdanum Absolute – Cistus ladaniferus
Rock Rose, Rose of Sharon
- Ready to Use is a 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oil.
- Undiluted – dilute to 3% or less in a suitable carrier oil prior to applying to the skin.
Solvent extraction of Resin
Magical or spiritual work involving protection, money, and honoring the Sun and solar deities
warm, sweet, balsamic, dry herbaceous, musky scent, with woody, earthy and smoky undertones
Blends Well With
Excellent when combined with frankincense for deep contemplation. Bergamot, Cedarwood, Angelica, Frankincense, Cypress, Clary Sage, Lavender, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Pine, and Vetiver.
Labdanum is rich in Pinenes which act as bronchodilators and make breathing easier in conditions like asthma. Enhances cognition and boosts memory. Has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties which will take the pain from a sunburn and help the skin to heal. Since sunburned skin is a cancer risk. The cancer fighting effect of pinenes reduces the risk of cancer developing. An effective expectorant. Labdanum is antitussive and anti-inflammatory. Useful to treat dry coughs. Used to revive a dull, mature complexion and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Its astringent properties tighten the tissues and reduce puffiness, while its antioxidants fight the free radicals that cause the cell damage. Acts on hormones to regulate menstrual cycle to relieve effects of PMS
When diluted or in a cream or lotion it’s great for mature or wrinkled skin particularly with sun damage. Absolutes should always be very well diluted – in a carrier oil for massage. It can also be burned or vaporized for similar results.
A very calming effect on the mind and is considered a very valuable aid to relieve stress, tension, anxiety and emotional trauma
Non-toxic, non-irritant but should be avoided during pregnancy or when wanting to become pregnant, as it encourages menstruation
α-Pinene, 3-Phenylproprionic acid, Camphene, α-Selinene, p-Cymene, Caryophyllene oxide, Viridiflorol, Heptyl vinyl ketone, α-Terpineol, Fenchone, Bornyl acetate, 2,2,6-Trimethylcyclohexanone, α-p-Dimethylstyrene, Pinocarveol, (Z)-Tagetenone, Terpinen-4-ol, Benzyl 3-phenylpropionate, (E)-Cinnamic acid, Borneol, Pinocamphone, Verbenone, Ledol, Germacrene-D
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html.
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.