Himalayan Juniper – Juniperus squamata D. Don (Syn. Juniperus recurva)
Dried or partially dried, ripe berries (fruits), leaves and twigs
Himalayan Juniper essential oil is obtained by steam distillation of the dried or partially dried, ripe berries (fruits), leaves and twigs of Juniperus squamata D. Don
Blends Well With
Clary Sage, Sandalwood, Bergamot, Geranium, Marjoram. Rosemary, Chamomile, Eucalyptus
Himalayan Juniper oil comes from a high mountain distillery. It is not refracted, giving it a more wholesome, full, woody-pines scent than other junipers oils as it includes more notes which are often extracted in more common commercial juniper oils
One of the most ancient rituals of the Himalayan region was the burning of juniper on mountain tops to purify and sanctify the area, while invoking the gods to descend down the ladder of fragrant smoke to open the sky door
Juniper is well known for its ability to detoxify, particularly after rich food or alcohol. Its cleansing action can also be utilised to great effect with arthritis, rheumatism and gout, since it encourages the elimination of uric acid which is a contributing factor with these diseases. Also used to relieve rheumatic pain; to counteract alopecia; and to salve wounds.
It acts as a skin toner and helps with cellulite and counteracts an oily skin, is an antiseptic and astringent oil and helpful with seborrhoea of the scalp. Juniper is effective in the fight against cellulite and water retention. Excellent for the treatment of cystitis.
Juniper oil is a sovereign skin-toner and problem skin conditions such as acne, dermatitis and weeping eczema respond very well. It is used as a preventative against ticks and fleas.
- Vaporise as an anti-bacterial agent.
- In a diffuser it settles the nerves, purifies the atmosphere and strengthens the spirit in challenging circumstances.
- Diluted to 2% or less in a carrier oil it can be used in a douche or a hip bath, as well as massaged onto the abdomen.
Juniper helps to energize and relieve exhaustion, ease inflammation and spasms, improve mental clarity and memory. It is said to exert a cleansing effect on the mental and spiritual planes as well as on the physical.
May cause skin irritation, burning, redness, and swelling. Avoid using it on large skin wounds. Juniper may lower blood sugar – risk for diabetes and may irritate the stomach and intestines, making disorders in these organs worse. Juniper may affect blood pressure and could make blood pressure control more difficult. AVOID if suffering kidney problems
α–Pinene, Sabinene, ß-Myrcene, Terpinen-4-ol, Limonene, ß-Pinene, y-Terpinene, d-3-Carene, α–Terpinene, ß-Caryophyllene, p-Cymene, Terpinolene, α-Thujone, α-Terpineol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html.
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.