Lime – Citrus aurantifolia
Purification and protection, promoting calmness and tranquillity, and strengthening love
Lime has a fresh, sweet, citrus peel scent
Blends Well With
Neroli, lavender, clary sage and ylang-ylang.
Lime is a powerful tonic and pick-me-up, the scent is invigorating and creates a sense of alertness. It is very uplifting to the body and mind. Very light and improves concentration. Lime can help with shock especially following a horse or riding accident.
- Lime has been used historically to prevent sailors long at sea from developing scurvy. It is a powerful tonic. A few drops of oil sniffed from a hanky can help with travel sickness. A few drops of oil added to a bath, shower gel or carrier oil will help uplift the spirits and energize the system.
- Lime helps with respiratory problems, catarrh & sinusitis. It has antispasmodic properties so is good for coughs caused by congestion of the throat and chest and by acid reflux.
- Lime is antiseptic, antiviral, and bactericidal.
- A few drops of oil sniffed from a hanky can help with travel sickness.
- It is a natural immune system booster; and supports natural weight loss when used in conjunction with a weight management program and/or exercise program. It helps with cellulite.
- Vaporize following a shock or as a pick-me-up.
- In a warm bath it is relaxing, A few drops of oil added to a bath and shower gel or carrier oil will help uplift the spirits and energize your system.
- In a diffuser it is very uplifting and improves concentration. Use as a natural immune booster and to help with weight loss.
- Diluted to 3% or less in a carrier oil it helps with cellulite and coughs, particularly those caused by acid reflux
Use with care as it can sensitize the skin and cause phototoxicity. Should not be used in pregnancy.
(+)-Limonene, ß-Pinene, y-Terpinene, Sabinene, α–Pinene, Geranial, ß-Bisabolene, Neral, ß-Myrcene, (E)-α–Bergamotene, ß-Caryophyllene, (2E,6E)-α–Farnesene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.