Bog Myrtle – Myrica gale
Blossoms, leaves and twigs
Sweet Gale, Dutch Myrtle, Sweet Willow
Clear, fresh, camphoraceous, sweet herbaceous scent
Astral travel, lucid dreams, walking between worlds
Blends Well With
Lemon, lime, juniper and other resinous oils
Bog Myrtle is useful for sensitive skin and acne and helping to delay skin-ageing. It is also known as a traditional remedy for stomach aches, fever, bronchial ailments and liver problems. Use diluted for oily skin, open pores and acne, particularly useful for those with sensitive skins. It is anti-tumoral and helps thin and reduce mucus. It appears to show some effect on certain types of cancer. It is also a pulmonary antiseptic and is efficient in cases of catarrhal pulmonary infections
It is a particularly effective insect repellent and has proved to be extremely useful against midges.
- Use Bog Myrtle in a vaporizer to keep room free from midges.
- Used in a steam-based diffuser it can help ease stomach aches, fever, bronchial ailments and liver problems
- Dilute to 1% or less in a carrier oil for oily skin, open pores and acne. It is particularly useful for anyone with a sensitive skin.
Undiluted – dilute to 3% or less in a suitable carrier oil before use
Bog Myrtle Ready to Use is blended in a 3% dilution in Grapeseed (Vitis vinifera) and Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) Carrier Oil.
Atomiser is a 3% dilution in water, Polysorbate-20, Benzyl alcohol, Dehydro Acetic acid, Sorbic acid and Benzonic acid.
Considered useful in loosening bonds and meditation, it has also been used to enhance the clarity of dreams.
Avoid use during pregnancy and on young children and babies; contains neuro-toxic and abortive components. Like most plants in the Hamamelididae subclass, gale is rich in bitter tannins. Never ingest
ß-Caryophyllene, ß-Myrcene, (+)-Limonene, d-Cadinene α-Caryophyllene, α-Phellandrene, Germacrone, y-Elemene, α-Cadinol, α-Selinene, p-Cymene, (E)- ß-Ocimene, α-Longipinene, (Z)-ß-Ocimene, Selin-11-en-4-ol, (E)-Nerolidol, Caryophyllene oxide, 1,8-Cineole, α-Bisabolol
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free. Non-GMO. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.