Myrrh – Commiphora myrrha
Solvent extraction from the resin
Warm, earthy, woody, balsamic
Blends Well With
Benzoin, Frankincense, Lavender, Sandalwood and Clove.
Myrrh is a revitalizing oil, non-irritant/non-sensitizing and much used in incense and perfumes. It is used as an astringent and anti-wrinkle agent in creams and carrier oils. A healing antiseptic, good for mouth and throat problems, soothing to all mucus membranes and easing for chest infections. It aids poor digestion and stomach acid. It maintains healthy skin, prevents skin aging and soothes chapped or cracked skin.
It is used for diarrhoea, dyspepsia, flatulence and haemorrhoids and is very good for mouth ulcers, pyorrhea, gingivitis and sore throats. It is of great help to promote menstruation and for relieving painful periods and to ease difficult labour in childbirth.
- Diluted to 1% – 2% in a carrier oil for use as a mouthwash to help eliminate dental infections. Put it in a cold compress to relieve sores and wounds. Add it to creams and lotions to help relieve skin infections, such as athlete’s foot, ringworm, weeping eczema, bedsores, boils, carbuncles, and acne.
- In a diffuser, Myrrh oil can be useful with bronchitis, catarrh, colds and coughs. It is also great for enhancing spirituality and is most useful when meditating, for mental strength, focus and clarity. It’s also a wonderful oil for people with feelings of apathy so great if you need some ‘get up and go’.
Myrrh releases fears, difficult or painful experiences. It helps to be more accepting, trusting and non-judgmental of ourselves and others. This oil is purifying, restorative, revitalizing, and uplifting to the mind, it can relieve stress and relax the body. Place on the heart to release old patterning and embrace new relationships with oneself and others.
GRAS (Generally regarded as safe) but could be toxic in high dosage and should not be used in pregnancy, as it can act as a uterine stimulant.
Furanoeudesma-1,3-diene, Furanodiene, Lindestriene, ß-Elemene, Germacrene B, Germacrene D, d-Elemene, 2-Methoxyfuranodiene, Isofuranogermacrene (curzerene), T-Cadinol, ß-Caryophyllene, ß-Bourbonene, y-Cadinene Furanoeudesma-1,4-diene, y-Elemene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.