Mandarín – Citrus reticulata
Mandarin, Kid glove oranges, Loose-skin oranges
Growth, Purification, Sunny Disposition
Mandarin essential oil has an intense, sweet, fresh scent characteristic of citrus fruit.
Blends Well With
Other citrus oils such as lime, orange, lemon, and grapefruit, as well as spice oils such as nutmeg, cinnamon, bay and clove as well as Lavender, Neroli, Rosehip
Mandarin is an excellent oil to use for pregnant women and the elderly as it has a gentle but quickening effect. It is a noted anti-spasmodic. It also improves the circulation of blood and lymph, particularly below the skin, which keeps the skin rejuvenated and looking young and vibrant and promotes the growth of new cells and tissues, thereby helping to speed the healing time of wounds and other signs of wear & tear.
Mandarin purifies the blood so is good for the liver as it helps to maintain the proper discharge of bile and protects it from infections.
It can calm attacks of epilepsy, hysteria and convulsions and is a reputed sedative for inflammation and nervous disturbances.
This oil helps maintain the acid and base balance in the stomach and protects it from ulcers and other disorders. It also fights any infections in the stomach.
- In a diffuser for soothing fractious children and relaxing elderly.
- A few drops in a bath at bedtime will relax. It is even better with Neroli and has a more expansive effect.
- Diluted to 1-2% or less in a carrier oil and massage gently on tummy area for tummy upsets. Use on stretch marks with Lavender and Neroli
Mandarin is powerful in support of growth. Its action is gentle and is very suitable for relaxing and de-stressing over-excited children. It is particularly useful with childish tantrums. It is a sunshine oil. It helps with relaxing and calming nervous afflictions and disturbances.
There is some evidence that Mandarin essential oil is photo-toxic. Direct sunlight should be avoided after use.
(+)-Limonene, y-Terpinene, α–Pinene, ß-Pinene, ß-Myrcene, p-Cymene, α–Thujone, Terpinolene
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html.
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only.
- Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete.
- We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.