Jojoba – Simmondsia chinensis
Essential oils, other carrier oils and Absolutes
Jojoba Oil contains Myristic acid which is used to help smooth wrinkles and improve the skins’ elasticity. Jojoba Oil’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it an excellent skin conditioner and moisturiser as it is rapidly absorbed. It is often used alone as a facial oil as it contains natural collagen, which is almost identical in structure to the collagen present in skin.
It is very good for dry hair, dry scalp, dry skin, acne, sunburn, psoriasis, and chapped skin because it is deeply penetrating. It is also used topically to encourage the regrowth of hair in people who are balding. Jojoba brings nutrients and life to the skin and hair and is a wonderful conditioner.
Jojoba is non-staining, since it’s not technically an oil, but a wax. Overflowing with vitamins B and E, Jojoba can help brighten dark spots and minimize the appearance of pores.
Blend with essential oils and absolutes to deliver the benefits of the essential oils safely. Particularly suitable for skin, hair and cosmetic applications, the oil makes for excellent skincare products which moisturise, nourish and protect.
Jojoba also has a natural SPF of 5 which further enhances its skin caring benefits.
Very faint, not as sweet as the nut oils. The aroma is distinct but pleasant.
Jojoba is a “fixative”. While it has a mild, almost imperceptible scent of its own, it takes on the scent of its immediate environment. It fixes, or makes permanent, the scent of essential oils you add to it. Also, unlike other carriers, Jojoba mixes naturally with our skin’s fluid; it does not stay on top of the skin but penetrates it, carrying the essential oil(s) with it into the skin.
Jojoba does not oxidize or become rancid. It has an indefinite shelf life and will help extend the shelf life of your essential oil mixes.
Jojoba is also non-allergenic. It’s a liquid ester akin to the esters we produce in our own skin. Jojoba is the perfect carrier for persons with ultra-sensitive skin.
It may cause a rash or an allergic reaction to sensitive skins. Do NOT ingest. As with all nut-based carrier oils, always use with caution on people with nut allergies.
Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Myristic Acid, Plant Wax (mimics skins collagen), Fatty Acids: Palmitic acid, Margaric acid, Stearic acid, Arachidic acid, Behenic acid, Lignoceric acid
- Essential oils can be powerful so to avoid all risks do not use during pregnancy.
- Keep away from clothing or articles which may be affected by oil-based products.
- Use sparingly and no more than 4 times per day.
- Gluten, peanut and dairy free.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- If you are using existing medication, please consult your doctor before using any complementary products and check for pharmaceutical interactions by accessing this page https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions.html
- The information provided in these areas are for educational purposes only. Do not consider this information to be accurate or complete. We do not offer this information to diagnose or cure any disease or ailment, and it does not constitute medical advice of any kind.